View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
me78569

Name: me78569
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2387 View Post
you see no evidence because you have never played with it yourself.
....I am running 330 bar right now. So yes I am playing with it.

Quote:
if you delay the injection event you retard timing. simple as that. period there is nothing to argue.
Not argueing that, I am saying there is no evidence I can find to say there is a 1* difference per 10 bar. Upping pop pressure does retard timing, it's how much that is up for debate. From what I have seen it is not as significant as 1* per 10 bar. I very much doubt my delay time has changed more than .5*

Quote:
your truck ran like garbage with 260 bar injectors because it was opening almost 600PSI lower than what the ECM wanted it to.
Yep I get that.

So think about this more, if the system is not designed to handle 50 extra bar, why is it that guys run vp pop pressure on a ppump swapped truck with no issues?

I see no difference in ppump swap guys running vp pop pressures and me running 330 bar. Shouldn't the same rules apply? I beleive the p7100 builds pressure faster than a vp, but you are talking nearly double the bar increase going from 260 bar to 305 bar as going from 310 bar to 330 bar.

Sure there is fuzzy math going on but plenty of guys run 45 bar over stock on a ppump without issues.