View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #1390
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Yeah, my frame is pretty heavy, but I've never worried about it twisting or breaking either. I might eventually switch over to an S10 frame to go really lighter at some point in time, but this year, I'm pretty limited budget wise on what I can do, so will pretty much just use my frame and existing motor mounts with some spacers and move the cab and build a shorter bed and fab up a one piece front clip.

Pulled the front grill out of the mold today, took a bit of work getting it out of the mold, took both me and my son pulling on it to get it out of the mold, but overall it looks great. There are a few areas that will be painted that aren't perfect, but the area where the grill was and will be left exposed as CF looks great. Need to trim it up and wash off the PVA and then get a weight as it sits.

Got the outer portion of the ATI damper off finally today, ended up having to drill and try to extract the 6 hex bolts out, 4 broke the heads off and 2 actually came out, then I got the outer portion off, still can't get the last bolt out of the hub from the crank, will have to get a turbosocket or something to try and get it broke loose.

Fixed a smoked turkey today, prepped it making a rub of butter, 1/2 lb of bacon, some fresh herbs and rubbed it down under and over the skin before I covered it in 3 1/2lbs of bacon and then smoked it for 5 hours till it was done. Tasted excellent.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters