View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
spoolinawd

Name: spoolinawd
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Another rusty ugly budget drag truck

I picked this truck up 6months ago from lakeland fl and drove it home 100mi and started tinkering. It is a 1995 RCLB auto. Thanks to the effort of people like will terry and tyler kipp I have learned alot about making these trucks fast. I am also on a budget as these two started out. First trip to the track was better than expected with street tires rolling out I ran a best of 13.3@115 I did not spray it at all on this trip, never had a chance to fill the bottle. I was running with the wastegate disconnected and making about 52psi peak boost. By the end of the night the stock headgasket quit the game. I have purchased a set of upgraded headbolts socket head cap screws and the cummins marine headgasket, also had the head resurfaced with stainless orings @ .011 protrusion. The truck was bone stock when I purchased it and has 175k miles. I picked it up for $3500. I have not touched the transmission yet and it still shifting so it seems to have been rebuilt, previous owner towed a 5th wheel so im sure the stock trans failed on him.

Big thanks to everyone who has shared information on CompD, especially these two.
Tyler budget beater
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...beater&page=27
Will junker drag truck
http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/...+plugs&page=30

Modifications for first trip to the track...
Over torqued headbolts
60lb valve springs
Kdp tab
22.5 deg timing
New factory lift pump
Tork tec ofv modded for 50psi base
2095 rack plug
Modded afc for full travel with trimmed gov spring and full travel @ 60psi
Fuel heater delete
4k PAC gov springs with washer shim
.025 delivery valves
5x.016 injectors
Hx52 w tial 38mm on turbine housing
Bd power t3-t4 adapter
Od and converter lockup switches
2stages nitrous .030 and .062 jets

.025 deliver valve vs stock

This was my first venture into racing a cummins. A 92' d250 2wd. Best of 14.1@98 I did up the nitrous a bit and found some more fuel for it before I sold it but never returned to track for a better time. I really enjoyed this truck but without a lockup converter and a measely VE I had to get rid of it before I dumped a bunch of money. I knew the second gen was the better platform.

For more pics and videos checkout my instagram, @spoolinawd

Last edited by spoolinawd; 03-25-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Move pic