View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 10:16 PM   #1
BC847

Name: BC847
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Question I'm stumped! No oil pressure

So I'm trying to finish the installation of new spinny-things and as part of the install, I had to relocate the oil filter using one of the Cummins remote oil filter cooler cover-plates.

The cover-plate is just like that shown in the following image . . .

Click the image to open in full size.

The '93 12v OEM cooler and associated gasket are exactly like that shown in the image. As such, I simply swapped the OEM filter cover-plate with the remote filter cover-plate.

I now have no oil pressure. I've gone as far as removing the remote oil filter and have nothing there, removed the oil pressure regulator plug and spring and no oil pressure there . . . .

One strange thing is: I can keep the fuel OFF, and spin the engine with the starter and the oil pressure will rise up to normal. But as soon as I turn on the fuel and the engine runs, the oil pressure drops to zero.

Please, I'm MOST confident the oil pressure sensor and gauge works. I get no oil to the turbos with the engine running. Spin the engine with the starter, and I get oil to the turbos.

WTH!?

Silencer ring MIA, str8 pipe with 10" exhaust tip, 250psi boost gauge, ghost-lights 'n truck-nutz. K&N air filter next (if my grades are good enoufh).