View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #19
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Wade wasn't there with his Duramax rail...

Pull went well, crowd was light Friday until the pull started then decent, Saturday seemed to have split the crowd between the strip and the fairgrounds until the pull Saturday night when the crowd was pretty good. Pretty good crowd Sunday for the drags too. We handed out a lot of magazines to gasser guys Sunday from our booth, that were genuinely interested and blown away at how fast the diesel's were!!!

Farmtruck and Jeff Lutz were on hand making a couple passes and signing autographs for the fans and being great all around guys through the weekend!!! Farmtruck drove the Wagler shop truck that was still pushing through the trans brake and a handfull on the track when the power came on!!! Jeremy Wagler made a couple passes in the truck too and really had a hard time keeping the truck straight... When they get the bugs worked out and chassis set up right it should be a wicked fast truck!!!

Our diesel guys in 6.70 and 7.70 went out in the early rounds leaving it to the gassers in both classes... the exits were for silly things like breaking out and redlights and such... We had good trucks there representing the diesel community and I think we could have taken it for sure... We were certainly outnumbered, hopefully we get a lot more diese representation next year!!!

In the big tire class there were two gasser rails along with the RLC Duramax rail, RLC's 1/2 ton Dodge, Tony Rizzi's awesome little ride and a few other fast gassers... A door slammer Pro Mod 67 or 69 Shelby Mustang won it all, but Tony was doing great and could have taken it all until he went for a wild ride, but he drove the heck out of it and kept it off the wall!!! The Scheid rail was there just a week after destroying an engine at TS, man those guys work fast!!! Unfortunately in a Gas dragster vs Diesel dragster elimination round the throttle cable came loose during the burnout so the Scheid team backed it out and let the gasser have the win with a bye run...

Milliken and the Nova kicked but in the small tire class to take the win and rep the Diesel guys well!!!!

Johnny Gilbert and the Stainless Diesel truck took the Pro Street win over Lavon Miller that seemed to be experiencing trouble through the weekend...

All in all I expect that the weekend attendance for the event was probably a good bit higher than last year. I think it was a good event, and it was awesome that none of our banners were stolen!!! We're looking forward to next year's event too!!!

The only negative was the gnats!!!! Man were they obnoxious!!!!

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.