4 Link air ride

here is some more

1011dp_03_o1011dp_2008_dodge_ram_3500_air_ride_equippedaccuair_truposition_sensor.jpg

177-pics-004-1.jpg

1011dp_06_o1011dp_2008_dodge_ram_3500_air_ride_equippedkelderman_lift_kit_undercarriage_shot.jpg

4.jpg

1207-8l-09all-for-show-2007-dodge-ram-2500-4x4fts-shocks.jpg

1207-8l-15all-for-show-2007-dodge-ram-2500-4x4kelderman-air-ride-kit-close-up.jpg

1207-8l-12all-for-show-2007-dodge-ram-2500-4x4side-view-of-axle.jpg

Any idea what that style link is called? Don't wanna go to the truck shop and look like a complete jack wagon. Was just looking at 4 linking my obs as the rear spring brackets are getting to were I wanna replace them.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Any idea what that style link is called? Don't wanna go to the truck shop and look like a complete jack wagon. Was just looking at 4 linking my obs as the rear spring brackets are getting to were I wanna replace them.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Trailer Torque Arm links
I am hoping it improve my ride

Some of that stuff is show truck only and not suitable for real life towing use.

I'd love to see what would happen to the long drop down mount for the pan hard bar on this setup with about 3,000 pounds of side force on it, going around a corner. It would twist the frame rail. It needs to be cross braced to the other frame rail, at least.

1208-8l-08something-special-2011-dodge-ram-2500paint-powdercoat-and-chrome-details.jpg

untitled.jpg

This sort of ping tank setup does not work on high frequency bumps. There is too much resistance to flow to let the bag volume change fast enough without a pressure build up.

If you want to see ping tanks properly executed, look at how it is done on MCI 8 air beams.

I don't have time to comment on the rest.

I would go w the Ballistic joints. I guess i should say i did go w the Ballistic joints. I did air springs on my front end about a year and a half ago. I'm planing on doing the rear also just haven't got around to it. I like the Ballistics cuz they can be rebuilt, have lots of movement , are forged, and i flat out think they make great products. Maybe that's just the rock crawler coming out in me. Haha.

Probably at work under a truck, Tapatalk 2

Also me2 is right, a lot of those brackets look really weak. I wouldn't dare drive some of them down the road let alone hook a trailer or something to it!

The trailer tq rods you can put new bushings also.Dale
When I looked none of the trailer rods were long enough. So they end up being just ends that you put on some pipe/rod that you thread. Which is a pain to do.

As far as bushings go, the trailer rod ends are really stiff.

But things might have changed since I looked.

I just went through a lot of this stuff in my thread on another site with a guy just starting to build a suspension.

If I had to do it tomorrow, I'd build a clone of the R4 Tech system with the addition of 3 torque rods . Its not sexy, but I think it would be simpler to build and it would work well, with the emphasis on the last part.

Some of that stuff is show truck only and not suitable for real life towing use.

I'd love to see what would happen to the long drop down mount for the pan hard bar on this setup with about 3,000 pounds of side force on it, going around a corner. It would twist the frame rail. It needs to be cross braced to the other frame rail, at least.

1208-8l-08something-special-2011-dodge-ram-2500paint-powdercoat-and-chrome-details.jpg
I Agree some of them are just to high or flimsy looking.I was going for the many differnt styles and not hardly 2 setups have the same stlye track bar or same angle.How do i determine what angle to put on my setup?

untitled.jpg

This sort of ping tank setup does not work on high frequency bumps. There is too much resistance to flow to let the bag volume change fast enough without a pressure build up.

If you want to see ping tanks properly executed, look at how it is done on MCI 8 air beams.

I don't have time to comment on the rest.
I didnt reall care for this setup myself.

I would go w the Ballistic joints. I guess i should say i did go w the Ballistic joints. I did air springs on my front end about a year and a half ago. I'm planing on doing the rear also just haven't got around to it. I like the Ballistics cuz they can be rebuilt, have lots of movement , are forged, and i flat out think they make great products. Maybe that's just the rock crawler coming out in me. Haha.

I may end up going with Ballistic fab anyways for a cleaner look but i was leaning more towards the simple bushing setups not the most expensive ones.

Also me2 is right, a lot of those brackets look really weak. I wouldn't dare drive some of them down the road let alone hook a trailer or something to it!

Agreed

The trailer tq rods you can put new bushings also.

Dale
I will check some out when i get home friday.

Every time i have built a link setup w a track bar i always make it as level as possible at ride height. It has worked well. I have been reading on race dezert lately about suspension design and there was something about a slight angle on it to help w cornering and unloading. I can't remember the specifics, would have to read up some more on it.

Every time i have built a link setup w a track bar i always make it as level as possible at ride height. It has worked well. I have been reading on race dezert lately about suspension design and there was something about a slight angle on it to help w cornering and unloading. I can't remember the specifics, would have to read up some more on it.

Well when I put the dana 60 under the 1989 crew cab for for my wifes truck the Off road shop told me keep the track bar the same angle as the drag link on the steering setup. Do you think if I keep it that angle it would be right?

from this kit click me

10,000lb over the axle weight Towing Kit. 100% Bolton with 10" of travel, comes with Plug and Play completely Prewired and plumbedovfer the

I just can't figure out if i want air ride or beef up my trany first

Well when I put the dana 60 under the 1989 crew cab for for my wifes truck the Off road shop told me keep the track bar the same angle as the drag link on the steering setup. Do you think if I keep it that angle it would be right?

Yeah on the front end you want it the same as your drag link so when the axle moves the steering linkage moves at the same arc. Otherwise your wheel will turn when the axle moves. But on the rear you don't have to worry about that cuz there is no drag link. So you can mount it for max axle performance.

Back