High fuel pressure

RED_SLED

I just upgraded my fuel pressure gauge from a 40psi gauge to a 100psi gauge. the 40psi gauge always stayed pegged and never moved. I put the new gauge in and I have 65psi at idle. what are yalls thoughts and opinions on the pressure. Is it too high? Is it going to wear out seals? Or is it good to have that high of pressure.

The more pressure, the more fuel will leak past worn pump elements and contaminate/thin out motor oil. If you start making oil, it's probably your sign to lower baseline fuel pressure and/or rebuild the pump with new elements.

That said, my race truck has had no issues with over 100 psi lift pump feed pressure, but it's not a high street mileage daily driver setup either.

The more pressure, the more fuel will leak past worn pump elements and contaminate/thin out motor oil. If you start making oil, it's probably your sign to lower baseline fuel pressure and/or rebuild the pump with new elements.

That said, my race truck has had no issues with over 100 psi lift pump feed pressure, but it's not a high street mileage daily driver setup either.

I haven't gained any oil. my pump has about 8000 miles on it. its had 65psi since it was put on.

Back