View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #15110
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
Yesus, healer, spirit talker. Anything but a truck driver typically.

I left it be at disagreement and you keep taking stabs. Why?

I didn’t take a stab, it’s just almost every mechanic that went to school or especially a factory store parts changer like a Cat/Cummins “tech” are die hard Kool-Aid drinkers. The way they were told is the ONLY way it can be done. OEM is not always the best way, the aftermarket has proven that since the first car was invented. If everyone believed the crap they were told this site wouldn’t exist, no drag racing or sled pulling. The “maths” as you said would tell me I can’t uprate a 475 to 550 without a total driveline replacement. Want to guess how inaccurate that is or do you want to ask your teacher?

I get it, your in a shop that probably doesn’t allow you to think for yourself or try anything that isn’t within spec. But in my world spec is just a suggestion and the only way to know what works is to try it yourself. Sometimes it works and sometimes it costs you money. But I’ve found the best way to know for sure is to actually try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaylor View Post
I like hearing that kind of stuff honestly. People like Rick on here need to exist. That is trucking to me. Dad would spend his entire sunday polishing tanks and wheels. He could pay people to do it and it would have been wayyy easier but he enjoyed it. The second people like him are gone trucking will have been 100% commercialized/corporate to the point of no turning back IMO.
You don’t have to drive a show truck but it’s not that hard to keep things looking nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
OK truck tuning Gods...say I have a Kenworth T300 with a Paccar PX6 or PX8...can you tune/delete it?

Chris

Yes