Very disappointed today.

I'll second Jesse, been building transmissions for me since '07, great guy and knows his chit about transmissions.

So they are going to make their own shafts?

Yup when i was down there a year ago they had just got the new machine CNC put in and they were playing with it. Im pretty sure they also make the billet convertor hubs now too instead of buying them like they use to. I still wouldnt shy from buying from them one bit.

The 47 is just a 727 with an OD housing. Goerend sells complete VB's and the VB is honestly the hardest part of the trans to rebuild.

That's for sure. Anybody with mechanical skills and a book can rebuild a tranny, but the vb is the #1 piece to the puzzle. Getting a tranny to live with big hp while keeping the shifts smooth and clean is a feat that only Dave has concoured as far as I have seen. People used to accuse me of swapping a stock vb into my 4wd race truck because it shifted so smooth. LOL. It had a constant pressure vb in it.

This is sad news for sure. I have always loved my Goerend trans. Smoothe shifts, til I lock the convertor and lay the hammer down!

So I emailed Darla today, she said it's only a temporary hold on complete units. After they catch up, they plan to go back to accepting orders on full units.

Parts are still available to order right now; converters, valvebodies, rebuild kits, pans, stuff like that.

Back