Texas Diesel Fall Nationals Oct 18th & 19th, 2013

They worked on the car all Friday and up to Saturday afternoon, finally got it ready to fire then couldn't get it to light, then ethered an injector out of the hole, it took threads out of the head for hold down with it..
I won quick diesel, and had a good time overall.

They worked on the car all Friday and up to Saturday afternoon, finally got it ready to fire then couldn't get it to light, then ethered an injector out of the hole, it took threads out of the head for hold down with it..

Congrats, I had a big fuel leak sat morning, fixed it but it was to late. Glad to here you won.

Who did that?

Thanks Matt! I wish you would have made it, was pretty decent racing.

wade, Greg and a couple guys that were with him..

Besides blowing an injector out the CP3s aren't moving any fuel. 15psi to the inlet, but nothing coming out pressure or return fittings when cranking. Everything else looks good. Should fire once it has a good set of pumps on it and rail pressure.

Nice job

I thought it was so easy a caveman could do it. Lol I guess someone needs to show him how to make if run before be can show us how to race.

Had a great time. Saw Dan Vallance destroy both diffs on a track that was rougher than my front yard....which is a pasture mind you..., then some dumb ass exhibition pulled a Ford and the driveline came out and got the fuel tank. I finally got to see that rail of Greg's but didn't figure I'd get to see it go down the track. Who the hell would bring a vehicle to an event just to work on it in the pits? Would you not at least get it to fire and run before leavin' the house? IDK. Maybe it is just me. Brandon won Quick Diesel which was freakin' awesome to hear (I had to leave at 3:30pm). Glad to get that text later that night! :rockwoot:

None of that makes since to me either. Years in the making and all this big sponsor hype and bragging [CP3 guys and Fuel Lab etc...] on their parts they sponsored him and it don't even run? I'm lost. How do you make these big claims on what it would run if you don't even know what kind of power it makes. Had it been properly ran in on a dyno...... then these issues should have been ironed out a long time ago. Not sure how someone can sale as much moneys worth of product as you claim, and have issues getting the damn thing to start, I'd be embarrassed as hell to show to my first event and in front of everyone not be able to start my GD car, lol. Once someone gets it running for you, what kind of e.t.'s do you expect right off the bat? Just curious is all. It's been so long 99% of people prob. don't even take it seriously any more, I'm a glass half full guy so I still have a bit of hope for you. I thought I'd heard rumor that you made a few laps weeks ago at Denton, was that just a rumor then?

TX Race

Good job to everyone that raced and had fun. I'm not even going to go into it with Greg on his weekend. It's getting old and not fun no more. Speaking of not fun anymore I may not race next year. It all depends on what my sponsors want to do and if they want to be part of my "PROGRAM" next year. lol Did I just say program? Anyhow I have raced all my life and some of the diesel guys "mostly young" are the most ego driven look at my guys I have ever seen. I have always said when it's not fun anymore it is time to move on. I may just race the car local. I have been thinking about building a Mud Dragster and racing a little in the dirt. It looks "fun" and hopefully the attitudes are a little better. I don't think it could be any worse than the select few in the diesel sport we all enjoy. Also there are a bunch of very good guys in the diesel sport that would do anything for anyone! I have a bunch of new friends and for that I am grateful.

Good job to everyone that raced and had fun. I'm not even going to go into it with Greg on his weekend. It's getting old and not fun no more. Speaking of not fun anymore I may not race next year. It all depends on what my sponsors want to do and if they want to be part of my "PROGRAM" next year. lol Did I just say program? Anyhow I have raced all my life and some of the diesel guys "mostly young" are the most ego driven look at my guys I have ever seen. I have always said when it's not fun anymore it is time to move on. I may just race the car local. I have been thinking about building a Mud Dragster and racing a little in the dirt. It looks "fun" and hopefully the attitudes are a little better. I don't think it could be any worse than the select few in the diesel sport we all enjoy. Also there are a bunch of very good guys in the diesel sport that would do anything for anyone! I have a bunch of new friends and for that I am grateful.

I felt the same way. It will still get better with time but in general it's a young crowd and the other follows that. I've always loved my local races and enjoy being back a part of it, totally diff. people. Much more an older crowd say 35-70, and so much more experienced racers, that really shows up at the track and makes it enjoyable. Having said that, like you said there are some great guys I've meet in the sport and had a great time racing with. It will continue to get better every year because of things like this forum, people see from others experience that you can put something together on a decant budget and go out there and compete and have a good time. It will also continue to grow and do well because of people like Randy Cole (NHRDA) that put so much time, passion, and effort into it. I see it doing well untell something like the EPA comes in........I would think it's just a matter of time, but I hope I'm wrong!

Have you been working with PTC or who ever's working with you on your convertor 'Program' to see about making it more efficant? It sounds like mine did down track when I was tring to make a glide and 10.5" convertor work. It would transfer and leave around ~4500-4800 but then it was out of its power band and the lack of torque up there was uncoupling the convertor and just bouncing off the governor, sure it would pull and e.t. decant but it left Wayy to much on the table. Life changed Big time with a 13" quality piece. You can then put you'r leave where you want it and be so much tighter on the other side.......

Ryan

Last edited:
IMG_393366659026928_zpsdb0354f0.jpg

fairly decent pic.

Back