My Project

I got into Hot Rod Drag Week yesterday and figured it might be time for an update. The truck is essentially done and painted a non quite white matte. Interior is done too minus carpet. Been driving it around town working out small issues but it's been basically trouble free so far. Need to start turning up the power and the distance to prepare for Drag Week in September. I should be in Denver and Woodburn for the NHRDA races if things go well. Here's a few pics for those interested.

6390181D-B562-4924-9C33-5B5FD88D8E55_zpsliv0npe4.jpg

795E461D-D5AA-4510-A3EC-CAAAB67B529F_zpseeckjgkh.jpg

Don't mind the panel that looks darker, it isn't. Just the picture.
DD31380F-2C29-436E-87E3-6A779BF433F2_zpslv4iywzq.jpg

39BC0D94-4C93-490F-82A5-4CB3CCE0D448_zpstvsv0wba.jpg

Damn nice work Levi!

Now it makes me want to try and get my motor built before Colorado so I have an ecuse to see it first hand...

Awesome! I wish I had your talent

Sent via USPS 2 weeks ago

Thanks but It's not talent but just miles of commitment to finishing it. For my 1st build I'm fairly happy with the end result

Outstanding!!!

I'm curious to see if the quick change will take the abuse.

You and me both. So far so good though. It's a light setup and won't be much, if any, over 600hp with the power all the way up. Not looking to nail it at the line with boost either. If anything I think the rearend might want a pump and cooler for distance driving. I'll be monitoring temps to see if that's the case. The plan was never to hunt for tenths at the strip. Just wanting 9's and some crazy high MPG honestly.

Damn nice work Levi!

Now it makes me want to try and get my motor built before Colorado so I have an ecuse to see it first hand...

Thanks! Hope you make it to Denver. Should be the first hits I make with the truck.

Damn Levi, that hotrod turned out great!

Do you think you're going to have any problems with the rubber hoses running over the turbo like they are? Maybe you could make up some hard lines to run thru that area?

BTW, those valve covers could be another product for you to market, too.

Damn Levi, that hotrod turned out great!

Do you think you're going to have any problems with the rubber hoses running over the turbo like they are? Maybe you could make up some hard lines to run thru that area?

BTW, those valve covers could be another product for you to market, too.

Thanks Tom! I don't think the hoses will be a problem but I'm keeping an eye on them to make sure they aren't rubbing/melting on the compressor housing when I'm driving, so far so good.

I'm unsure if there's a market for the valve covers. Only guys that would be able to run them would be transplants that don't have all the accessories hanging on the valve cover. I might make another set down the road but for now these are the only ones.

the truck was parked right under my motel window here in Woodburn last night, hope the weather clears so we can see it make some passes today.

nice to meet Levi at the NHRDA event in Woodburn on Saturday. The truck is truly one of a kind and he turned some very respectable passes in the 12 second range.

nice to meet Levi at the NHRDA event in Woodburn on Saturday. The truck is truly one of a kind and he turned some very respectable passes in the 12 second range.

Whew. Just got home from the trip. Truck made it there and back, 1700 miles, no issues. Wish I could have got it to hook harder at the track but can't complain since it's still on street tires and only 2nd track day. Just need some more time to work on it at the track. Good chatting with you Jake, hope I can make the Sacramento event in September.

Hey Levi,

I haven't checked in to this section in quite a while. Your truck turned out really nice, but the best part is that it is different. Those valve covers are killer!

Please keep us posted on your next mods...can't wait to see how they turn out.

I suppose you got my package?

Mat

Back