Early '91 Resto

Got a little more done. I rebuilt the spring packs myself and got it sitting on its own and dropped the cab back on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435892126.571548.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435892136.803930.jpg

Now I need to strip it all down and take it for body work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any tricks to rebuilding the leaves? Did you put anything between them?

Nice tractor.

Yeah the tractor is awesome.

The leaf springs I got sand blasted. Very worthwhile. I also added the leaf spring tip pads while they were apart. I can't believe they don't have them from the factory. The springs were wearing into themselves pretty bad.

Right now it's sitting like this waiting on the body man to get it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440681298.356477.jpg

Looks like you have that custom rusty roof ventilation as well. I slapped some roofing tar on mine to seal it up.

Project looking good so far.

What part of Victoria? I have family in the Nursery area.

Looks like you have that custom rusty roof ventilation as well. I slapped some roofing tar on mine to seal it up.

Project looking good so far.

What part of Victoria? I have family in the Nursery area.

I live north of Victoria actually in Fordtran. Yeah this roof is pretty bad on this one. Luckily the donor cab roof is pretty solid looking. The body guy has a lot of work to do regardless lol.

I live north of Victoria actually in Fordtran. Yeah this roof is pretty bad on this one. Luckily the donor cab roof is pretty solid looking. The body guy has a lot of work to do regardless lol.

Yep, know that area pretty good.

My 91 came from a ranch in that area.

Keep the pics coming of the restoration.

BTW, truck was dropped off at the body shop about 3 weeks ago. He said he will get started on it closer toward end of this month. Owner wants its Aggie maroon and white two tone. It was originally red and white so it should be a close match.

Back