Clutch advice

99 7.3

Looking for a clutch for my g56. Daily driven, tow and play w/ a little bit. Nothing crazy hp yet, but want something I can grow into and not have to worry about replacing before it wears out due to power.

South Bend 3600. Dual disc with upgraded hydros.

Plenty of holding power for future upgrades, and still drives well

ValAir dual disk ceramic discs. Pressure load of your choice. But 3600 seems to be a good load range. They are that grabby nor do they slip that easily. The 650hp version should hold you fine.

I agree with 2007 5.9. I've been running a sb 3600 for around 100k miles. It's great towing, racing and most important daily driving. If you want quality go with south bend.

Kenny's pulling parts has great clutches. I have had dual and triple disc with different material. Call and talk to them about what material would be good for your setup.

I have a 3600 south bend as well it will hold power no problem but it is loud and it is not so great at backing with a heavy trailer. If you plan to sled pull it is the only way to go but if you are just going to play a little a 3250 is a lot quieter and can hold pretty good power. I would say figure out where you plan to be power wise and plan from there.

Back