View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 06:39 PM   #12
DieselWrencher

Name: DieselWrencher
Title: 6cyl Vette
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bersaglieri View Post

Dieselwrencher, good tread. I see you wrote about not liking how far back the mounts set the motor, maybe the DCS mounts being adjustable has it's good points. I guess you prefer the 47RH in conversions! How do you feel about one for a female daily driving one vs a PCS controlled 4R100?

As I said before the 47RH is about the same to build as a 4R100, but you save money and hassle on the adapter plates at the motor and a PCS controller and tuning. I'm not sure how the Compushift works, I'm guessing it only controls OD and lockup? I spent a few years getting my 47RE to shift right in my Dodge. I don't want to have to do that this go around. Of course with a 47RH you need to adapt the Ford transfer case.

__
My wife drove our excursion for 3 years using toggle switches and she did fine. It wasn't her favorite thing but dealt with it. The 4r100 with a PCS would be ideal. I however, didn't have a 4r100, and the money I saved on adapter, flex plate, and a PCS, I put else where. The compushift takes some tuning too but works pretty well. I have put them on 2 customer builds. I plan to put one on my excursion this fall. Yes, it only controls LO and OD because the trans hydraulically controls 1-3. You don't have to adapt the ford t case. It will bolt right on. You will have to change the input though. I used a dodge tcase because there again, I had no ford units. I still have to put a shifter and front drive shaft on mine. Again, another thing I'm hoping to get finished this fall.
1972 K30 Longhorn P-Pumped 24v 47RH Compounds