Wheel cleaner

SPEEDSHIFT

Has anyone tried Purple Rain or Iron Out? I am looking for a good wheel cleaner that I can spray on and pressure wash off. I have XD Hoss wheels on my daily and there are a ton of small crevices that I refuse to hand polish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb0ztJsnX9I

I guess it is referred to as a "fallout remover". Supposed to breakdown the iron.

Last edited:
I have some little specs stuck in my paint from rain washing shingle grit on my truck. Sure would be nice if that would take it off.

^^Color sanding will most likely take care of that.

As for wheel cleaner, best one I've found is the wash mitt and elbow grease. I've tried a few in the past and never was fully impressed. If you're fine with a 85% clean wheel, then the cleaners will fit your bill.

I'm anal about the chrome on wheels, mirrors, and bumpers. Hand wash and polish with Turtle Wax chrome polish for best results. I polish the chrome about once every 4 months.

Edit, just realized you may have polished aluminum wheels with no chrome cladding.

Last edited:
I use Sonax wheel cleaner. Works pretty well just spraying on and washing off without even touching the wheel with a brush or mitt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sub'd.

I've been using Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner with a paint brush to get in the cracks and crevices. Multi-piece wheels are a huge PITA to keep clean, haven't found anything yet that is truly "no touch"

d56fbf7f2eb47b0e59e1ef9c14c554b3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The iron-x mentioned earlier seems to be one of the main go to's on some of the detailing forums I was browsing when looking to clean my stuff up. They make a cherry scented version that doesn't burn your nose hairs like the lemon scented does. They seemed to like the cherry better ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I found my pic of the old shower when I soaked it the first time.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4220925715818287323-account_id=1.jpg
    4220925715818287323-account_id=1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
Our well water has a little iron in it. The Iron-X product turns purple in the presence of iron. Iron-X is the easiest way to clean wheels and hard water deposits. It's about the same price as Whink cleaner so I just use it for water spots too.

I also have that problem...I been seriously struggling with cleanng hard water spots and rings... showers and toilets...

I gotta try this..is it spray on hose off..cuz anything that u hafta scrub scratches the finish on the tubs/showers

The very first time I had to wipe over the sprayed surface with a washcloth to get it all. I think that was mainly because the deposits were so thick. If you do it every month, just spray on, wait 5 min, then spray off.

For wheels I use a brush to get into all the crevices but haven't needed it inside the house.

if that's how it works it is worth whatever it costs. them hard water spots are a mutherfer to get off...

amazon here I come....

Back