View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #36
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Here's the update from the weekend of wrenching.

I got the th400 in from Cali friday and picked it up at fedex freight. Saturday morning I went and picked up the np205 that I'm going to use, I'm ordering new 1410 yokes for it today and a rebuild kit, and well as tracking down a shifter for it. It came complete with the mounting supports and the section of frame it was attached too, need to figure out how I'm going to mount it in the truck. We rolled the truck into the shop and pulled the old 47re and 241dld transfer case out of the truck and made a small lake of burnt tranny fluid in the process.

We bolted the trans to the engine and then dad and I wrestled with it for a while till we got it in. I made a minor modification to the firewall to get the engine to clear. Then began the fun of running all new wires to everything. I've got all of the wires run in the engine compartment now and into the cab, throttle assembly hooked up, vaccum and power steering pumps installed, 2/0 battery cables ran from the back to the front, and the disconnect switch hooked up. I have the wires for all the gauges setup as well.

I need to pick up some wiring loom and some more electrical connectors tonight. I rigged up a remote solenoid on the firewall to trigger the starter with and need to convert the 12 volt power down to 5 volts for the crank/tach sensor.

Here are some picks from the weekend's work.

Trans arriving
Click the image to open in full size.Untitled by NakeDiesel, on Flickr

Slipping the engine/trans into the truck

Finally in

Starting to hook things in

Wiring on Drivers Side

Wiring on Passenger Side

Wiring in the Cab

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters