View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 09:55 PM   #1329
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Back from Vacation, had a blast. Started off on 3 hours sleep and working a full day. Then drove to the City to see In This Moment in concert at the Diamond ballroom and the 3 opening bands. Then drove to Elk City, OK to spend the night. From there we went to Colorado Springs, toured an extinct volcano on the way and while in CS, camped at Cheyenne Mountain State park for 2 nights. Went to 7 falls and rode the cog train up pikes peak. We then went up 25 to denver and caught 70 west into Utah, then took some remote 2 lane roads down to Bryce canyon and stayed the night there. Spent half a day at Bryce canyon and then drove down to the Grand canyon with a short stop at Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon Dam. Camped out at a commercial campground about 30 miles from the Canyon Park and will never go there again. Place was run down, no fire pits, no grill spots, people were rude, coming in and setting up till well after midnight slamming car doors, shinning lights on our tent, loud.... One couple we met early in the evening opted not to put their tent up and just sleep in there truck with their kid. I slept pretty good with my 9mm beside me after the noise quieted down. I made sure everyone in the park was awake at 5am when I got up...

Grand canyon was pretty awesome, managed to get my wife to hike down into it and put aside her fear of heights and we hiked down about a mile into the canyon and back up and then all around the rim. Left the park about 4 and decided to grab our tent, loose the 12 bucks I'd paid for the 2nd night of camping and get a room in Holbrook AZ, saw a huge meteor crater on the way there. Stayed the night there and then went through the Petrified Forest park, we took our time there and made a bunch of other stops in AZ and NM along the way and managed to stay behind the nasty storm hitting home. Got home at 4:30am. Took the rental car back on the 4th. We had driven it 2969 miles on the trip, plus the 100 to and from the airport where we rented it.

I've spent the last 2 night at the hospital with mom, she's still in here and will hopefully go home tomorrow.

On the truck, ended up ordering another frozenboost cooler, this one's bigger and rated for more psi, still a cheap chinese core though, it comes in tomorrow. Boots and clamps for it will be in monday. My converter shipped out from DPC today and will be here next Tuesday. Need to take the trans apart tomorrow night and check out seals and clutches while it's out of the truck and pick up parts if I need them. Planning on making a race on the 15th in Porter OK if I can get it all together and lined out.

Have been trying to pick up a couple of sponsors to help with a few parts for the new engine, but haven't gotten any takers yet. Block is still at the machine shop and waiting on pistons and rods to be shipped out when they are ready.

Right now I'm not planning on running at Mud down in T town on the 21st and 22nd, spent 3+ hours in a rules meeting this winter over the rules for the classes plus 2 hours of driving time and thought they had the rules lined out for me to run in the limited renegade class. Posted rules don't reflect that. Promotor has said the rules will be fixed, but until I see them updated online not going to bother showing up as his word is crap to me since he lied to me last year about what class I'd run in.

Happy late 4th to everyone.

Us down on the trail at the grand canyon...
Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters