hows this for twins

slammed1500ssc

I have a 98 180 ppump motor has straight cut delivery vaules, 5k gov springs, 23'timming, and half ass ported head... I have a single Hx40 with a 14cm exhaust I'm going twins and already have it mocked up just wantnd some a opinions.. Here are some (approximate)specs on the turbo
Garret tv8102
Intake Major: 108mm
Intake Minor: 78.5mm

Exhaust Major: 111mm
Exhaust Minor: 97mm
1.23 a/r exhaust housing

Intake Exducer: 2.75" ID,
3.5" OD, Hose style
Intake Inducer: 4.5" ID, 5" OD, Hose style

And it has 5in exhaust outlet

Should work, I think it will be kind of laggy with the real big exhaust wheel. The 40 in twins will be slow to spool, just guessing but around 1800 to lite.

Having the Hx40 w/14 m housing should spool pretty well. And the exhaust housi g on the Primary ain't all that large. I think with the right size injectors it might be great.

Give Lee at Contagious a call... He's a sponsor here now I believe..... His sticks are all I have run in my trucks... Top notch work. :) And WAAAAAAAYYYYYY cheaper than the competition.

If you put great big sticks in it will still be kind of laggy but it will be real smokey also. Just my opinion.

it's better to consider the 'entire package' when setting up twins... than slapping some parts on it and hoping for the best

Yah, that's one way to get in the bowl... other way is to have the spray angles tightened up, which I know Lee has done during the EDM process...

I don't see why these turbos want work even if I change the top to a Hx35 with a 12cm it should spool perrty dam good, I mean hell most s475/s480 in twin setups run 1.39a/r I have a 1.23 and my compresser wheel is only like 2.5mm bigger so really don't see the porblem. 5ks,scdv,with 370 I think I should have anof fuel... If it don't light to 2000-2500 hell with it

I don't see why these turbos want work even if I change the top to a Hx35 with a 12cm it should spool perrty dam good, I mean hell most s475/s480 in twin setups run 1.39a/r I have a 1.23 and my compresser wheel is only like 2.5mm bigger so really don't see the porblem. 5ks,scdv,with 370 I think I should have anof fuel... If it don't light to 2000-2500 hell with it
Try it, its not a terrible setup. Just don't over spin the hx40.

Also you have to remember your turbine is bigger on the primary even though you have a 1.23 housing.

What do you mean over spin it I always had it set at 40lbs with a manuel boosted controller a old man at a diesel shop said anything more then that its a waste... And I think the primary should work out its alil big but hell with it let it rip right!!!!

What do you mean over spin it I always had it set at 40lbs with a manuel boosted controller a old man at a diesel shop said anything more then that its a waste... And I think the primary should work out its alil big but hell with it let it rip right!!!!
Yeah they don't like a lot of boost. Their known to snap shafts. You should be good, let know how it works out.

Open!!! I think its going to be a lil laggy but nothing that's going to hurt it. It's only a 4600lb truck... It'll be a rocket when she dose lite...

Back