FMVB trans linkage setups

SPEEDSHIFT

I am having problems getting my B&M Stealth shifter to sync with the throw of the shifter lever at the transmission. With the setup I have now the linkage at the transmission require .4" of travel with every shift from 1st to Park. My shifter does the following...

1st to 2nd = .25" travel
2nd to 3rd = .4" travel
3rd to N = .4" travel
N to R = .4" travel
R to Park = .4" travel

What are y'all using for linkage setups?

its gated or a ratchet?

just got a b&m myself, was hoping not to have this concern…

your measuring your shifter with the cable taken off or?

I am having problems getting my B&M Stealth shifter to sync with the throw of the shifter lever at the transmission. With the setup I have now the linkage at the transmission require .4" of travel with every shift from 1st to Park. My shifter does the following...

1st to 2nd = .25" travel
2nd to 3rd = .4" travel
3rd to N = .4" travel
N to R = .4" travel
R to Park = .4" travel

What are y'all using for linkage setups?

I suspect something is going on with the shifter, kind of odd, that all of them are the same, except for 1 to 2. Restriction? Hitting something?

Going to have to agree with zstroken I just installed my TCI gated shifter last week an by the looks of the gate each gear has the same amount of travel not a 100% on that tho. Possible detent ball worn issue at valve body?

its gated or a ratchet?

just got a b&m myself, was hoping not to have this concern…

your measuring your shifter with the cable taken off or?

It is a B&M Stealth Ratcheting Shifter. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-81120?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-b-m&gclid=CjwKCAjwxJnNBRAMEiwA8X_-QUwL_iHSjveuTkxzQdwbYtF7WQcfLeqjLemCzcugVWgF1zCVZvrxVRoCddEQAvD_BwE

I have the transmission out at the moment (because this issue burnt my direct clutches up) so I measured the linkage and cable independently.

I suspect something is going on with the shifter, kind of odd, that all of them are the same, except for 1 to 2. Restriction? Hitting something?

I am hoping so, I will pull the shifter apart tonight and see if I find anything. I just wasn't sure if that was common to have less travel for 1st to 2nd or not. I have a gated Hurst shifter I can run as well, I just already have the converter switch and OD switch mounted nicely on the tin part.

Going to have to agree with zstroken I just installed my TCI gated shifter last week an by the looks of the gate each gear has the same amount of travel not a 100% on that tho. Possible detent ball worn issue at valve body?

Nah, detent ball is good, It has a fairly new Georand VB.

From reading the installation instructions on B&M's website they speak of "limiter pins". Do you possibly need to move or just remove one of these pins?

I had to cut length off of the selector arm to get mine to work correctly.Maybe 1/2"? Been a while since it was done.

Back