Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I wouldn't think that picture was funny until I was sure the driver made it out safe or wasn't in the truck. I know how rough just a tree falling on a cab can be on the driver.

Mbn injection lobe timing is different. Had one in a reman engine backfire violently enough it ruptured a stack and put the tip on the guys hood.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Freightliner I used to drive up until about a year ago
null-1.png

Pete I still drive on occasion
null.png

Sorry I tried to crop them but apparently photobucket doesn't care lol

You're kidding yourselves..... ordered a 6nz reman. (Can't remember the prefix)
The camshaft numbers were transposed at the time of assembly. The two last digits actually. One number ends in 01, the other in 10. Between 1200 and 1400 it would backfire furiously. The last run made ruptured the stack. We had video of the backfiring on Facebook. I will see if I can dig it up. Customer ended up letting the truck be repo'd.

You're kidding yourselves..... ordered a 6nz reman. (Can't remember the prefix)
The camshaft numbers were transposed at the time of assembly. The two last digits actually. One number ends in 01, the other in 10. Between 1200 and 1400 it would backfire furiously. The last run made ruptured the stack. We had video of the backfiring on Facebook. I will see if I can dig it up. Customer ended up letting the truck be repo'd.

Well I can't see how you can pull a MBN cam and install a 6NZ or 800Hp marine cam and have zero issues, but going the other way causes complete chaos. Now if you installed it a few teeth off.......:doh:

The cams base timing is offset. Injection lobe has longer duration for higher injection pressure. Cam gear is the same number. You can see the offset in the drilling on the stub.
I'm working off memory. It happened this time last year.

If that were the case you wouldnt be able to run a 6nz or 7cz program without it causing major issues, and that isnt the case.

The only time I have ever had a diesel backfire is when the timing was retarded, I did this on purpose on my B model to see what would happen. Retarding the cam a tooth or so would produce the same thing.

Back