P7100 Throttle Linkage

Tobin

5.7 IDI Powaa!
Probably been covered a million times and beaten to death here but why not start a diesel related topic :)

Can you replace the clips in the throttle linkage rod ball ends to keep if from falling off? Anyone tried? Wondering if there is a $0.25 fix before spending $100 on a new linkage.

Probably been covered a million times and beaten to death here but why not start a diesel related topic :)

Can you replace the clips in the throttle linkage rod ball ends to keep if from falling off? Anyone tried? Wondering if there is a $0.25 fix before spending $100 on a new linkage.

That’s exactly what I plan on doing it’s cost me a race already once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s exactly what I plan on doing it’s cost me a race already once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replace just the clips?

I see there is a recall that uses part number CANZ9700 to update the cable and all the rod ends/pivots. The thing that sucks is it should be free, BUT mine is in a 1977 F250 so I doubt I can get the updated parts for free.

Genos garage has them. Or just walk into your dodge dealer and ask for one. Only thing there getting hard to come by.

Replace just the clips?

I see there is a recall that uses part number CANZ9700 to update the cable and all the rod ends/pivots. The thing that sucks is it should be free, BUT mine is in a 1977 F250 so I doubt I can get the updated parts for free.

You don’t want the dumbasses at the dealer touching your throttle lol

odieub is correct. I’ve seen them listed on eBay, too. I may be wrong, but I don’t think the kits are available from Mopar anymore, and I don’t imagine any dealer is going to give you one free if they are.

We have a couple of drawers full of rod ends at work. I’ll look when I go back and see if we have any that would work. I’ll post up a part number or “size” if I do.

Last edited:
I was able to get one from Cummins for $15, so not too bad.

I just called the dealership, they say that kit is $70.00 but have to order. Mopar Parts Overstock has it listed for $47. I'll call them on Thursday and see if they can get it to me. If it has all new updated ends and studs and everything with a cable, that seems like a good deal.

Back