6.4 rockers/engine build advice

kylev90

I bought an 08 6.4 a few months ago. I have been trolling forums and talking to a couple reputable builders aroind me and it seems like rocker failure os the biggest concern. I have no reason to believe mine are bad. The truck runs great. But, out of paranoia I am looking to get them done now before it becomes a major issue. I got 2 quotes. One guy says I need to do rockers, pushrods and lifters. Gave me a quote of $5,700 for the above as well as head studs. Is he right? Do i really need to be worried about pushrods and lifters? or just do the rockers and rest easy? Another guy gave me a quote of $1500 for just the rockers and says its all i need to do. Also (sorry such a long thread), but both of these guys say to ditch my spartab because it is destroying my tranny. Both suggested H&S. But now H&S is unavailable due to the EPA bastards. Opinions on tunes? This is the first NICE truck i have owned and I need it to last....Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i would run the truck and keep up on the maintenance. how many miles on it? even if you break a rocker arm, it isnt typically a catastrophic failure.

133k on truck. oil and fuel filters every 5k. I have heard nothing but horror stories about when they do go...seems like everybody hates them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

when/if they do go, it's definitely a horror story LOL

But if the thing's been maintained, there's no reason to replace rockers for no reason IMO

Back