Motor rocking

GreasemonkeyHd

I have a 190hp p pump industrial motor out of a 92 blue bird in my first gen with a d max intercooler in front of it. It might have the original injectors from 92 in it which I'm thinking may be the culprit but anyway to the point. I firemy motor up cold and it purrs smooth for about 15 seconds or so then starts rocking side to side. It runs great and seems to smooth out after it hits 1500 rpms on up ( I'm only guessing on rpm because I don't have a tach) I can't seem to figure out how to post a vid on here, just looking for opinions and input much appreciated!

Ok, have you done simple stuff like check the fuel pressure, could be a bad overflow valve. Ran the valves? How about verifying the injection timing?

Last edited:
Valves we're the first thing I ran through. Ive been trying to trade glo shift pillar gauge set for a fuel pressure gauge so I could check my pressure. I have a raptor rp 100 lift pump on it now because I thought the piston lift pump may have been the problem but it wasn't.

I'll say from experience when I had a dirty sticking /leaking nozzle on my #3 injector it did exactly as you described until warm. Pulled that injector apart, clean and soaked it over night reassembled and pixed it right away.

Was misfiring so bad at low rpm felt like the truck was driving over speed bumps.

I'll say from experience when I had a dirty sticking /leaking nozzle on my #3 injector it did exactly as you described until warm. Pulled that injector apart, clean and soaked it over night reassembled and pixed it right away.

Was misfiring so bad at low rpm felt like the truck was driving over speed bumps.

It seems to get worse when warmed up and not as bad when cold. I wish I could figure out how to post a vid

Back