47rh help

94cumins

My first time working on a trans I did a low stall lock up tq converter and a trans go shift kit it drove fine for about a mile then I ran it pretty hard now it moves forward in p n d 1st 2nd and acts like it wants to in r pulled the pan a lot of metal shavings checked the manual valve lever the shift foot didn't come off and help on what else to look at

The trucks a 1994 dodge 2500 reg cab long bed 12 valve thanks

Mess up the parking rod when you put it back in? Metal shavings, I would pull it apart.

Thanks I pulled it back out the was shavings in the pan pulled the od housing off and pulled a clutch out an looked fine but this is my first time taking a trans a part so what's the best way to tell if clutch is good or bad?

Also doesn't the parking rod just slide into the od house and clip on the vb?
I did notice on the vb there is a hole the shift kit said it need a ball there so I did so but now it looks like it had pushed throw the vb plate and is not in there anymore so anyone think I might be able to just get by with a new vb ?

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Being that it's Out I would have someone take a Look at it . My first try at a 47 lasted 10 miles Max and ended up having to be rebuilt again . We found problem's In the Valve body
the pan was A mess when it was pulled apart.

I Never trust a removed trans to be good .I would just fix what you have it sound's like it's going to be Simple to fix .

Back