AsTroSS : T-25 project

Here is better picture from last weekend US car show.
main.php

:thankyou2:

update: 1.5 years later

Pictures from Hummer wheel thread:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some Mopar original steering joins are arrived and also BW governor solenoid is ordered , I hope it will fix the random 2nd gear starts.

It's not real update, but still small progress.

BW governor solenoid is replaced, but it do not fix the problem- I think readjusting voltage regulator settings might help.

Also I brought Sport headlights and 98 under dash harness (with all power options- hard to find item) -this was the missing link to finish overhead display,power windows and doorlock upgrade. It take some month before they arrive to me.

Need to buy list :
1. Borgeson steering gear and shaft
2. All 4 rust free doors
3. New door seals and weather strip

Need to install list:

1. Webasto - engine and cab heater
2. ugly aftermarket rear glass need to replace with original 98 rear glass
3. replace the front axle(its fully functional ,but no locker) with fully repaired/with locker

So far I am happy with result.

Last edited:
This truck have been yard ornament more than year,I am totally pissed how the transmission acts (it will go to linp home mode even with new governor pressure solenodi) and new tranny is still in tranny shop.

Some of might new my frined Wagoneer is build twins for his truck and at friday he want to see how much the engine moves ....

...so after rising my truck hood I saw the bird nest at top of intake manifold.

attachment.php

Do I have to keep engine running at idle to warm the eggs ?

I do not knew whos eggs they are ,maybe eagle or flamingo or pinguin ....

:evil

Attachments

• bird nest.JPG
    bird nest.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
Update:

One of my H1 wheel/tire combo is leaking the air, I do not knew is the problem wheel o-ring or tire itself.

After few week search for spare 16.5 wheel (I have spare MTR tire allready) I got 3 Hummer H1 12-bolt wheels.

The 12 bolt wheels create new problem, the wheels are bolted toghether with 5 side nuts :doh: , my 24 bolt har regular nuts (like at left in picture)

picute from Internet
5.JPG

I have two ptions : built toool for 5 side nuts or some how remove the nuts from wheel or to buy normal nuts

Notice: in my side of the Eart the Hummer H1 is very rare, only 2 or 3 in my country and to find wheels with reasonable price is like to win lottery

Last edited:
probably just need a new o-ring in the one wheel, but also check for a leak around the valve stem in the rim. it unbolts from the rim and has an o-ring in the back of it as well. some soapy water sprayed on it should tell you.

Now , more than 2 years later, the truck is again street legal.

But after long staing period have been hard, the front brake calipers were not fully functional and they overheat front bearings :soap:

The Hummer H1 wheels are terrible, they vibrating ,looks like I have to balance them.

Few Pictures

attachment.php

At this picture almost all my different projects are at the same picture.

1. 99 truck
2. 94 dump truck frame
3. hot rod truck frame (originally 2005 2wd Ram 2500) with H2 wheels

attachment.php

I hope after few weeks I can show more prictures why they are all together . :evil

Attachments

• t251small.jpg
    t251small.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
  • t252small.JPG
    t252small.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
Now 300 miles later I can confirm:

1. I hate 2nd gear start at every traffic light. The spare tranny is rebuilt and new valvebody have also arrived, tranny guy promice to replace valvebody at the end of next week. So lets see will it fix the 2nd gear start if I replace complete tranny.

2. The front H1 tireas leaking air and I have to balance them, hard vibration at 60mph.
One possible reason can also be Hutckinson runflats, they are still in the rear tires

3. The shock absorbers ,
I have Edellbrock some kind resi shock (I do not remember the correct name) I replace few years ago, but now after 2 years sitting in yard they are not functional at all.

Need to buy some good Bilsteins resis ,where I can adjust valving if needed

Update:

Next weekend will be our county biggest US car show, but I still have some modification to do before it.

The new valvebody have installed to spare tranny (I hope it will fix the 2ng gear start issue.), now I just have to swap the transmissions.

The spare bed will be sandblased underside next week, then undercoating and new paint

Also the bed cap needs new paint.

I hate 2nd gear start at every traffic light.

I had the same thing and I dont know exactly what fixed it because I did three things at the same time, but
1)I replaced the gov solenoid with the BW heavy duty one (on the VB), upped my line pressure by tightening the line pressure bolt 75% of the way (on the VB)
2)adjusted the TV cable, and calibrated my throttle position sensor (or whatever it is called)
3)I made sure all the grounds, especially to the PCM, were in great condition.

Update:
I installed the rebuilt tranny and now 300 miles later I can confirm the 2nd gear start is tranny internal problem.

The rebuilt 48RE with some billet internals, Suncoast 3disc converter and DTT towing 48re valvebody with all new electronics and wiring will do the job quite well.:evil

The H1 wheels/tires will be added to for sale list , together with KORE springs and Edellbrock shocks, it's time to take next step and order some real Thuren springs and rebuildabe shocks with correct valving.

This is how it looks now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Actually I like how the truck looks now, even the silver bed cap will keep the truck look , not the extended van if it will be black.

Attachments

• f1.JPG
    f1.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 0
  • f2.JPG
    f2.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 0
  • f3.JPG
    f3.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
Back