Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I'm on 90 going west. The wind is blowing but on a more normal load I would be doing 5.5. It will improve once I turn south. The wind really isn't THAT bad
401b645f8437e4952ed2ca30ea555b3d.jpg
ac91c8630c5243645f5ee01116fbded3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That's a good way to wreck tarps a short sliding tarp system would be the cats ass though.

Can be....
I have 15*15' felt pads that I lay on cargo to protect the tarps..

Boss Im leased to was talking about what my opinion was of a conastoga or quick draw setup for a GN.. 10k for basic 20-30k for nicer side of the middle of the road one...on top of trailer cost Told him unless you can get a nice premium and have enough work for it....it's not worth it...
Plus it would limit normal flat deck stuff I haul as well... Definetly don't want to be dragging something that's 9'-13'6 tall all the time deck on my GN is 36"..

Definetly nice for some loads... But would cut out alot of other stuff I haul

Yeah this stuff is dedicated but seasonal. Doing a normal tarp job takes too long and the customer wants their stuff now right now and yesterday. The return wheels usually half of them are sharp as a knife they're so worn out.

Here's what I'm doing lately in the cold cold north. It's colder than a *****s heart up here. Causing me pain in my hip which causes me to drive in the style of jfaulkner(complete assholes driving). Doing 67 gotta get this **** delivered. I can do 3800 miles in 6 days, reset the 7th at home and do it all over again. On ELD to boot! Not bad considering the stuff pulls hard and weighs 45k all the time.

Big MOAAARRRR BSFC project coming up soon.
4ebf42b1304467a0f0898c31a1113b65.jpg
c23cee958f2db1ce111cc84ee605b90e.jpg

You understand all permit loads even if just for overweight have a max speed limit of 55mph, get caught exceeding that and the permit can be torn up on the spot. So claiming he drives like an asshole when you have no clue just makes you look like even more of a dumb azz.

You understand all permit loads even if just for overweight have a max speed limit of 55mph, get caught exceeding that and the permit can be torn up on the spot. So claiming he drives like an asshole when you have no clue just makes you look like even more of a dumb azz.
Here come the fun police

You don't think 30+ psi is pushing it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Considering that is where the factory gate is set, no. We have guys pushing them to 35+ reliably. Honesty goes a long long way with turbochargers. Many guys don't ever look at their gauge and tell me they only see 30 psi. Later they call after we ask them to actually watch and it is 40+ psi.

Considering that is where the factory gate is set, no. We have guys pushing them to 35+ reliably. Honesty goes a long long way with turbochargers. Many guys don't ever look at their gauge and tell me they only see 30 psi. Later they call after we ask them to actually watch and it is 40+ psi.

Wouldnt putting a speed sensor and mapping it out be the only real way to check if its safe?

Wouldnt putting a speed sensor and mapping it out be the only real way to check if its safe?

I think the fact we sell 20+ remans a month of this model of turbo gives us enough experience to know that 30psi is safe. Boost leaks are what kill them. Overspeed them with boost leaks and the wheel will split in half. They will do that with 20psi of boost on a 435 engine.

I think the fact we sell 20+ remans a month of this model of turbo gives us enough experience to know that 30psi is safe. Boost leaks are what kill them. Overspeed them with boost leaks and the wheel will split in half. They will do that with 20psi of boost on a 435 engine.

Makes a lot of sense.

That’s why I just don’t buy them.

What's the difference in a 7923 and 7924 of a 16 liter? Outside they look the same? The 7924 suitable for a smaller engine with some more fuel?

Last edited:
The sliding tarp? They're pretty rare in western Canada for a reason.

What's the reason? There are lots of things uncommon in western canada partly due to the lack of population and mostly due to the pig headed attitude of doing nothing similar to Eastern canada ( LOL ) and anywhere else prosperous...

but we got dat OIL MONEY doe!!

Back