Truckers, lets see your rigs!

What's the difference in a 7923 and 7924 of a 16 liter? Outside they look the same? The 7924 suitable for a smaller engine with some more fuel?

The 7924 is a 78mm inducer and has a larger turbine wheel. The size I cannot recall off of the top of my head. Essentially, everything is larger in a nutshell to keep it simple.

What's the reason? There are lots of things uncommon in western canada partly due to the lack of population and mostly due to the pig headed attitude of doing nothing similar to Eastern canada ( LOL ) and anywhere else prosperous...

but we got dat OIL MONEY doe!!

Actually there's a few reasons:

- the wind. I know two guys at our company that had them. First one took it off after about a year. Second one has spent a lot of money keeping it together. You're generally coming through wy/mt or sd/nd on the way home. That's not easy on those systems.

- the loads. Just about impossible to fit upright headers under one. Heaven forbid if it moves a bit. Oversize is out of the question. We also pull more steps than flats, I know you can get them for steps but that's more money and complication

- the weight. We need a closed tandem up here and generally our specs are a bit heavier than our American counterparts. So you go down south and they expect you to be able to take 47k or 48k. Add a sliding tarp. Now you want to add a front slider to get a spread that's another what 700 lbs? I know guys that can barely take 46k.

But I'm still intrigued by the idea of one that's maybe half height. The wheelsets are 40" high max. Just take it off out of season. I'm sure the customer would appreciate not receiving their wheelsets covered in salt too.

Last edited:
Considering that is where the factory gate is set, no. We have guys pushing them to 35+ reliably. Honesty goes a long long way with turbochargers. Many guys don't ever look at their gauge and tell me they only see 30 psi. Later they call after we ask them to actually watch and it is 40+ psi.
I see. This one ran 30-33 and it wasn't real happy about it, but I don't remember the exact or number. It was a stock 550 gated 2ws turbo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Per reading dash installed gauge, what is preferred fuel pressure on a 6nz pos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's the difference in a 7923 and 7924 of a 16 liter? Outside they look the same? The 7924 suitable for a smaller engine with some more fuel?

7923 is GT47 frame and 7924 is GT50, the GT50 is the better turbo in my opinion and gives room for some tuning.

Had a gt50 on a 1LW 550 with 58's and a couple other tweaks. Seemed to work well. I've sense put it back to a 47 with stock 57s. I thought about tryin a 5ds file with the 58s. Never got around to it though

Last edited:
Had a gt50 on a 1LW 550 with 58's and a couple other tweaks. Seemed to work well. I've sense put it back to a 47 with stock 57s. I thought about tryin a 5ds file with the 58s. Never got around to it though

I have two friends both running the GT50 as a manifold charger in compound sets, the reasonable sized wastegated turbine housing is much better in that position than anything BW offers just because of that size gated housing.

I have two friends both running the GT50 as a manifold charger in compound sets, the reasonable sized wastegated turbine housing is much better in that position than anything BW offers just because of that size gated housing.

I was thinking of tryin that. Then usin a s500 for a lp on a 2ws build I got, figured a good wayto use up parts sittin around he shop. Down the road a bit though

Last edited:
278-1886 SDP fuel pump. Same price as the the others and 1200hp will barely drag it down to 100psi.
Well I checked it again after I swapped filters as I knew they were plugged by the pressure I was seeing. It was dang near 100psi at high idle. Driving, it will see no less than 85psi. Is that fair enough?

Well I checked it again after I swapped filters as I knew they were plugged by the pressure I was seeing. It was dang near 100psi at high idle. Driving, it will see no less than 85psi. Is that fair enough?

Your rig reminds me of my pickup. 10mpg loaded, empty, cruising or drivin like faulkner. Pretty much doesn't matter:st:

Cause picture thread.....
24799309_10213593513685742_3563453805655097108_o.jpg

24883629_10213608534901263_4021121056092578780_o.jpg

Back