View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
SCHMITTY

Name: SCHMITTY
Title: Not enough time
Member`s Gallery
K31 with a machined s400 exhaust housing. The way I have it set up now it doesn't bark at every shift- just at lock up/ overdrive. I my tps went out a couple years ago and I replaced it with a pot switch- maybe that's part of the problem. It's the worst when overdrive and lock up happen at exactly the same time. The rpm drop can be 350 rpm and a lot more load. I can draw out the shifts to 3500 or so and the truck does feel faster than the silver 64 I had . The one shift I can't draw out is the 3-4 shift. I'm going to wire up a switch to help keep it out of overdrive and lockup longer. The factory od switch won't let me turn on od when The truck is over 3000 rpm or a certain mph it seems.

I have been thinking about a 1.0 or 1.1 housing.

I'm not giving up on this turbo yet . I'd like to make the power with this thing to get into the 11s. Driving around town and commuting with with the lag doesn't bother me if the power is there when I want to play.

My egts max out at 1300 and 50 psi , cruising is 500-600 and 3-4 psi, once it hits 15 psi it takes off

I'll have more time to play with the afc when I get done with work next week.