View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 12:07 PM   #57
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Tucker View Post
Ken, good to hear from you Sir. Ya it was a bad deal, I had 3 neck surgerys prior to the wreck, cervical fusions. I was dumb and hard-headed and once again came out of retirement to race again. I missed it more than I ever thought possible. Took my old first hot rod and spent a winter on her, all round moly car and 1511hp blown on alcohol. 4.60 car but I had a e.t. genie restrictor plate and slowed it down to run both 5.00 and 5.80 indexes all over. My last season was definitely my best and most fun.
The drunk Bastard wrecked 5 of us that year all at different tracks which have banned him. I didn't know and had never heard of him, we found each other in the finals and by then it was like 1 o'clock a.m., guy pitted next to him said he had drank a 30 pack of bud wiser by himself and that he couldn't walk. I was the Last to get the plucking memo.
It broke my wrist and 4 ribs, concussion, and blew out another disk or 3. I went to Germany and had both cervical and lumbar artificial discs replaced, 4 more levels. I have no natural moving disk in my neck, their artificial or fussed. so my 4th and 5th surgery all in one this time. I'm good and defiantly staying out of the racers this time, surgery cost me 54k Cash out of pocket, no insurance coverage out of the country. My work on the chassis saved my life, it was wadded up but nothing came apart and no broke welds, sure glad I doubled all my seat belt tabs.

Guys take your cage work, welds, all sfi stuff very serious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Tucker View Post
It was the Finals at a big money 5k to win race, of course everyone there knew. There wasn't a person on the property that didn't run down to my crash site, a local pastor pulled me out and prayed for me . Best memory of that night. My son was standing behind me on the starting line, so glad I didn't die that night, can't imagine that for my son. Every day is a Good day
Holy Crap Ryan!!!

Can you at least sue the track for expenses? So sorry to hear about this!
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."