View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #53
Opie

Name: Opie
Title: Ingenuity Director
Member`s Gallery
It is always nice to see pics with measurements. After reading through this entire thread a couple things stuck with me. I never knew folks had questions about the rear clutch fluid channel. On my Fat shaft (since 2006) that channel is matched to flow the same in diameter/volume as the through holes, they flow the same in diameter/volume as the shafts center feed hole. With everything there are reasons for channel depths, depends on the channel but they are usually sized for ideal cooling or apply/release times. FWIW The weakest part of the shaft is the grooves for the sealing rings. It would be nice to see comparison measurement/pics of that area too.

On another note, I realize in the end it's all about the marketing and imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery. But really the name too? As you know from the web or even from the receipts from me in the past, the P/N I sold you was 1300IT and the Nomenclature was Fat Input. Why not call yours something else to avoid mix ups between the two there are metric ton's of other names available.

The relief area measured on the Allison was one of the smartest things they have done. That is the cheapest place and a calculated load for that shaft to break at, they save their customers tons of potential money in parts by doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Pictures courtesy of Rich At Dog House Diesel.
He has an 06 7040 lb. QC 4x4 making approx. 1300-1400 WHP on a big single and three nitrous kits. His old standard shaft tranny held his abuse just fine. Now he has the new Fat Shaft tranny. A good bit of abuse already on it at the track.

Rich, thank you for the awesome pics and number on the new FS design.

Click the image to open in full size.