View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
gear_grinder

Name: gear_grinder
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
the line between single and triple disc

heya,

So I feel like im on the line between a good single disc converter and a triple disc.

Current truck setup is in the sig, plan on going up to a HE351cw with billet wheel (OE inducer/exducer size), 181 delivery valves, in-tank 100gph/43psi pump, and DAP 7x.011 or 7x.012 injectors after transmission build. Truck is a daily driver/single car trailer hauler and may be getting a sizeable (~36ft) goose neck eventually.

Goals are to make the transmission/converter combo strong enough to accelerate at WOT without worry towing said car trailer or gooseneck with a couple cars/small-medium tractor wile maintaining mileage and longevity.

Also wondering if i really need to go to a billet input shaft, the truck is a 2wd and pretty mild compared to some peoples buildups. I like the sonnax smart-tech input for the added clutch capacity. Thinking that if want to do WOT lockup shift 3-4 for highway on ramps towing I should go upgraded input

Last edited by gear_grinder; 10-10-2017 at 09:34 AM.