Old 11-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #40
widieseltech

Name: widieseltech
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones95runner View Post
What's sad is where are pretty much right back where we were 5 years ago, with the exception of the 3000+ hp ss trucks

2.5/2.6 smooth is the old 2.6 class. 9-1000hp+ air cooler on dots

3.0 smooth is the old 3.0 mwe air/water 1300hp+ gutted bed odl on dots

3.6 is basically ss power levels of that era, 1800hp+ on cut tires.

What have we gained by this? Not jack crap besides running a bunch of people off that started this sport because they got tired of the change. You see very few pullers today that have been around for longer than 3-4 years.
Agreed, I believe that's how it should stay, maybe if they left the rules alone for more then a year there would be more guys that stick around for longer then a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumins01 View Post
When everyone think these proposed rules will go into effect? I need to start on a bed. Why not just gut the cab floor? Everyone's truck I seen last year as 80% of the inner cab structure gone now or a aluminum "tunnel" that takes up 1/2 of the floor. If 3.6 is dying out, why not let those guys come down a class with a 3.0 SB, and take the rules from each and make one class? So you would have 2.6, 3.0 and SS
I'm all for gutting cabs and boxes I don't see an issue with that. I honestly think if 3.6 goes away there would be more guys moving up to SS then down from 3.6 to 3.0 I also think if you flood the 3.0 class with 3.6 trucks its going to chase some guys out that cant afford to keep up at that level.