View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #45
cut7

Name: cut7
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider2911 View Post
This is exactly the appeal my thought process as well, though now I have actually gone way from that recently and am now fully controlling my 47RH electronically with megasquirt.

But something I have thought about with the p7100 is implementing an aftermarket centrifugal pump gear that would adjust timing based on RPM. I know there were some dozers that used a setup like that. The main hurdle would be consistent timing advance while overcoming the torque it takes to drive the p7100 in itself.
I also looked at a centrifugal advance unit for the P-pump years ago. I think Cat used them for a little while. But good luck trying to find one of those; they are the proverbial unicorn! Also, they push the pump back about 250mm, making for all sorts of clearance issues. And it is my understanding that they were neither consistent nor reliable. Unlike the weights & springs in an old fashion gas engine distributor — which weigh just a few grams — the mechanical pieces would have to be quite large & very robust in order to handle the torque required to drive the P-pump.
6BT Fummins, EFR 7064 over S369; DPS 3-piece manifold; wide-bowl pistons; ported head with 48mm intake & 45mm exhaust valves; 60 lb. valve springs; Colt stage 3 cam; H-1000 injection pump, 10° initial timing, 39° total advance; 5x14 Injectors popped to 325 bar; Fluidampr.