View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #60
cut7

Name: cut7
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnderwood View Post
Very cool, you certainly have more skill/patience than I will ever have.
Thank you, sir! Perhaps a bit of an introduction is in order. I am an Electro-Mechanical Engineer (actually a dual major, Masters in Mechanical Engineering, & Masters in Electrical Engineering. I've been in the high performance automotive & motorcycle industry for over 30 years. Several of my motors are record holders. I've designed a lot of things other engineers said couldn't be done. As far as I know, I'm the only guy who has figured out how to balance the counter-balancer shaft on a single cylinder engine. Or how to make an XR-750 flatrack motor last more than 2 races. I know all about performance & how to make motors go fast...& stay together! Engine management is one of my specialties. So you see, this really wasn't much of a stretch for me. I apologize if this sounds a bit hubris; I just thought a bit of my background might help the forum understand how & why I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnderwood View Post
You don't have to worry about getting banned over here, we are pretty lenient on the rules.
Runsideways said that he was going to put an RP39/H-1000 pump on his truck in a lengthy thread on CF about that very subject. They ridiculed him, called him a liar, then banned him & deleted his post; as they did to me over a year ago when all I was trying to do was add valuable information to thread (seeing as I had already done the project the thread starter was attempting).

My take on this is the thread starter (who is a mod over there, & who is using much of my engineering for his project — though he refuses to give me any credit) now works for a fairly well known diesel shop & they/he are trying to put together a kit to sell. Which is ironic because according to him, there are only two H-pumps in existence. (Not true, I have several).

Anyway, this is why runsideways was concerned about getting banned. I still can't understand why they were so hostile to him (& me) except the aforementioned speculation. But at any rate, I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone; especially on that forum (bunch of bozos). But remember, you saw it here first.
6BT Fummins, EFR 7064 over S369; DPS 3-piece manifold; wide-bowl pistons; ported head with 48mm intake & 45mm exhaust valves; 60 lb. valve springs; Colt stage 3 cam; H-1000 injection pump, 10° initial timing, 39° total advance; 5x14 Injectors popped to 325 bar; Fluidampr.