Walbro 392

RollCoal9000

Is anyone running one and can I just splice it in after the stock pump to keep fuel pressure up. I think the stock one is weak ot wont smoke nearly as much as it used to and I'd like to keep the stock pump and just run a helper after it.

Nobody?

I'm assuming i can take a 3/8 quick connect to 3/8 barb adapter and run rubber line the whole way and just splice the pump in there. Do I need to use a regulator with the cp3?

You will need to regulate it. That is a 70gph, 85psi pump. I use a bunch of them on 7.3 and 6.0 Powerstrokes.
Good pump, pretty cheap, plenty of fuel for 600 hp.

I recommend diagnosing your truck with tools and not just by how much it smokes. If you want smoke wrap the air filter in a trash bag, or do a turbo delete. Then don’t go on the street and smoke out Honda’s because “it’s cool”.

Its gonna need a lift pump at some point. Currently building the trans but if the lift pump is not the problem then its injectors or pump which will also need replaced eventually.

I have a 392. Been running it for years. I have a return to the tank.

Last edited:
There's an even bigger pump out now, the "hellcat" pump is a 525lph at pressure, but is made to be in tank and not in line. There's also a 000295, that's even bigger, but is not recommended too much for street driving due to temp.

I have ran a Walbro 392 for years. I would suggest either a draw straw or a sump. Your stock lift pump will cause the Walbro to starve for fuel.

I have a handful of trucks running 392s with a sump. They work great. I have mine on a 1/2” feed from sump to pump n then 1/2” to a AN y-block with 1 6an line to each head. Regulated return set at 68psi. Im currently doing one with a 392 to each head with an h-block, the h-block has the fp gauge on the equalizing port. Sump with 10an to y-block, a pump on the end of the y 3/8” line to the h n then 1 6an to each head.

I have a handful of trucks running 392s with a sump. They work great. I have mine on a 1/2” feed from sump to pump n then 1/2” to a AN y-block with 1 6an line to each head. Regulated return set at 68psi. Im currently doing one with a 392 to each head with an h-block, the h-block has the fp gauge on the equalizing port. Sump with 10an to y-block, a pump on the end of the y 3/8” line to the h n then 1 6an to each head.

Sounds similar to what I plan to do on my single cab.

I plan to run two 392’s close to the fuel cell, with a check valve after each pump so that if one pumps fails I could drive home on the other. I’ve never had a 392 fail tho.

Back