View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #2209
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Name: GOLDDUSTERS5703
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Living Anonymously

Read: Romans 12:1–13 | Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 27–29; Titus 3

Let us have real warm affection for one another as between [family]. Romans 12:10 Phillips

My well-worn and often-read copy of Jane Yolen’s essay “Working Up to Anon” (Anonymous) was clipped from The Writer magazine many years ago. “The best writers,” she says, “are the ones who really, in their heart of hearts, aspire to the byline Anon. The story told is important, not the storyteller.”

The story we tell is about Jesus, the Savior, who gave His life for us. Together with other believers we live for Him and share His love with others.

“He must become greater; I must become less.” (John 3:30)
Romans 12:3–21 describes the attitude of humility and love that should permeate our relationships with each other as followers of Jesus. “Don’t cherish exaggerated ideas of yourself or your importance, but try to have a sane estimate of your capabilities by the light of the faith that God has given to you all. . . . Let us have real warm affection for one another as between [family], and a willingness to let the other [person] have the credit” (vv. 3, 10 J.B. Phillips New Testament).

Pride in our past accomplishments can blind us to the gifts of others. Arrogance can poison the future.

John the Baptist, whose mission was to pave the way for Jesus, said, “He must become greater; I must become less” (John 3:30).

That’s a good motto for us all.

I admit, Lord, that I have a lot to learn about humility. Help me to see You for who You are so You and others have their rightful place in my life.

Always be humble before God and allow Him to be your all in all. Oswald Chambers

By David C. McCasland | See Other Authors
INSIGHT

In the letter to the church at Rome, Paul was writing to Jesus-followers he had never met and was one day hoping to visit (see Rom. 1:8–11). In this message he challenged them to serve with humility and love.

For further study on the book of Romans, check out this free resource at christianuniversity.org/NT225.

J.R. Hudberg

PHILIPPIANS 4:13