View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 09:22 PM   #70
BlackasCoal

Name: BlackasCoal
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raychem View Post
Speedo will work off abs and/or trans output sensor. Just a though but the ABS module needs the VIN to be programed and matched to the ECM. The ECM you are running now may have a VIN mismatch and be causing your ABS. You did not post any ABS codes but your comment on changing ECM made me think of this. All the modules on these truck look for VIN to match for communication.

On the boost senor. You should be at 1 atmosphere or 14.7 psi give a few tenths with the engine idling. Check the 5V reference to the sensor. On the older trucks.... 06 to give an example. The 5V reference from the ECM is for MAP, Air Temp, Crank and Cam senor, and rail pressure. Make sure all the other sensors are good. You can also check the return voltage from the map sensor. Last but not least is to check your grounds. I have found many weird ground issues with these trucks over the years. I have fixed a few by going straight to ground and bypassing the ECM when needed.

BTW..... Nice clean build. Love the effort you have put in. It is all about the details!
Thanks!

I’ll have to play around with the vin stuff. It’s very possible the previous owner could have had things from multiple trucks and somehow not have the same vin as the cab or something crazy.

I tested the supplies and grounds for the ecm when I was having problems with getting the 5.9 ecm to work and all were good. Even added grounds like you mentioned. I also bought a whole front clip harnesses and swapped all three and nothing changed. If I can’t get it figured out I’m trying to get to firepunk in the fall to have them put it on the dyno and fine tune and I’ll have to ask them to take a look while I’m there. The lights aren’t too much a bother as long as it isn’t hurting anything.
07.5 MCSB, Thuren/Carli/King, 35" Toyos MT's, 17" Methods, Miller’s Machine Shop 6.4 w/ Wagler long rods, QSB pistons, 188/220 cam, Ported/big valve head, Muldoons Phat shaft 48re w/ anteater, DDP 5.9 fuel, Firepunk 66/85, Firepunk EFI