EFI Library

If you want I can upload them all

Already in the library there is a 2011 stock file
a 2012 stock file
a 2009 stock file

Last edited:
Thanks for uploading guys. I try to stay on top of approving them.

I'm looking for a Stock 08' 6.7 just to play with.

Sweet! thanks Tyler for bringing this up. Just uploaded one of my cummins tunes... prly could have made millions off of it haha, not likely. I see this as mostly a learning resource, because I would never upload a tune from here unless I went through every table with a fine toothed comb. There was some uncomfortably high timing in a couple. If i was to do anything I would grab a table and modify it on my own.

No problem, I just like to learn and test and have a good time with tuning. The scary thing is like you said there is some pretty high timing in some tunes but thats what you need to look for these tunes are not meant to be flashed as is.

What do you think of as high timing, Also are you considering high timing with all the limiters off?

I saw a couple that seemed pretty high and yeah I didn't even look at the limiters. I was assuming they were not limited. I basically downloaded them and glanced over them looking to see if there was something I never tried.

I would feel safe with the higher timing if I had studs and a turbo. 27 deg is about the limit I like to go. At that point I think you just need larger injectors to get the fuel out faster.

Yeah your right there are some crazy tunes in the library right now. I never like to go over 25 in the main but i am kind of being a sissy right now because i took all the limiters off my truck so im playing it safe at the 10 deg mark lol

I was just looking at 5.9 tunes btw and no your right 30+ would be fine and necessary at high rpm. I just wouldn't bring it up to 30 before say 3300-3400. Looking back at them none of them are really over doing it at the top end, idk i see 30 deg and get scared.

I just tune my own tho, I never had the luxury of finding the limits haha. Right now I also top out at 25 deg, if I ever get studs ill probably have a date with a dyno and push it up.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure anything over 25 deg on a 5.9 you can lift the head tho. I know the 6.7s can take much more timing then the 5.9s

Whats the highest deg can you run with the limiters turned of and not lift the heads on a stock motor besides go go sticks

Im pretty sure anything over 25 deg on a 5.9 you can lift the head tho. I know the 6.7s can take much more timing then the 5.9s

Whats the highest deg can you run with the limiters turned of and not lift the heads on a stock motor besides go go sticks

You're saying without studs right? I've seen guys around 32 and still daily driving it no problem. Most have H11's or 625's though.

Great work getting the EFILive Library going though!

You're saying without studs right? I've seen guys around 32 and still daily driving it no problem. Most have H11's or 625's though.

So are the studded guys just throwing studs on their 200,000+ mile stock headgasket and holding them down fine? I figured if I popped mine then I can work on the head and afterwards do studs, but I it helped I might just put studs in now.

Yeah I'm saying without studs. I probably wont go over 20 im just curious to see what everyone else is doing.

Thanks ever since I get into the efi live tuning I always wished there was a place all the tunes were and would be kind of organized so it could help me look at differences in tunes.

So are the studded guys just throwing studs on their 200,000+ mile stock headgasket and holding them down fine? I figured if I popped mine then I can work on the head and afterwards do studs, but I it helped I might just put studs in now.

I think people mostly leave them pop then do the head work like you said you would do.

What head work?
Are you just decking and checking valves? (That's not worth pulling the head IMO)
Are you just swapping valve springs? (You can do that by bringing whatever cylinder to TDC and then the valves wont drop)
Are you talking about bigger valves, fire rings, or chopping off the intake? (That's worth taking the head off)

I've heard people say that an old head gasket holds better than a new one, but I don't think that applies as much to the common rails since they have the MLS gaskets.

Yeah you make a good point, I really only considered changing springs decking and studs if I popped it... I didn't know if the consensus was that the old gasket was going hold better then a new one or not. I'll probably put studs in.

Think stock bolts are going to hold with 25° 50 hp injectors 2900 uS and 40 lbs of boost?

Yeah you make a good point, I really only considered changing springs decking and studs if I popped it... I didn't know if the consensus was that the old gasket was going hold better then a new one or not. I'll probably put studs in.

Think stock bolts are going to hold with 25° 50 hp injectors 2900 uS and 40 lbs of boost?

I don't think I know CR stuff enough to give you a good answer. I just think that if people are going to up the power level, they need some studs, and if they're going to spin it faster, they need springs. I know it sucks putting money into things you don't actually feel or notice, but it's worth it when you hook up to a trailer and the fluids all stay where they should!

Yeah or a sled haha, no I think I better put them in. See what your suppose to say is absolutely put them studs and springs in there now before its too late! That way I can show my wife it and get it done.

The problem is also when you start spinning the motor faster your going to have to do rods, crank, cam, bigger turbos, bigger injectors, bigger axles, bigger trans. Oh I see the dollar bills flying. Its what my buddy's call the diesel downward spiral.

Back