Thread: My P24V build
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #44
Financial Mistake

Name: Financial Mistake
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Since the auto swap is next on the list, I'd like to discuss that a little more in depth.

Here's what I'm working with. It's a Revmax 47RE 4x4 that I had in my 98 12v that I kept when I parted it out (tragic, I know). Every billet part MINUS intermediate and output, deep pan, Revmax vb, so on and so forth.

I'm going to have it rebuilt despite it being in good working condition, simply for piece of mind and because it's been sitting for a while. While it's apart, billet intermediate will be going in, and I'm seriously considering dropping the extra coin on suncoast's stubby output shaft kit (shown in picture) so I can have a billet output as well, since converting to a 2wd tail housing would prevent me from having one.

The man building the trans is very respected locally, does outstanding work for being a one man operation. Slow, but he does one trans at a time, start to finish, before starting the next.

Because of that, I would like to source a lot of the parts myself, 1. To prevent any unnecessary delays due to part acquisition on his part, and 2. So I KNOW that the hard parts are up to the task.

So the questions that I have are:

Stall speed. Where should I be shooting for on a 64/483? Stock? Stock v10? Higher?

My budget is semi limited, around $3,000 to acquire the convertor, intermediate, and output. So what options are there for a billet intermediate that is in the $700-$800 range? Or is that an impossible expectation in regards to quality?

Is the output shaft kit a good investment on a 2wd? Some say a 2wd doesn't NEED one, others say they do, some guys have kept the stock 2wd alive past 1,000, others have shelled them at 600. There's just so much heresay and "this guy I know" stuff that it's hard to tell what is what.

Anyways, I'll stop here and wait for some input before I start rambling. Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P24V, Billet 62/68/14, Billet 475/96/1.32, 27°, Seth's Stg 3 @ 450cc, dual feed, DFI 7x12, Fass240, 110#, 425, p&p/3 angle/oring, ED freeze plugs, BD IC, VP MAX boots, stainless mani, Snow w/m, coolant bypass, CTS2, EAS, POS NV4500, valair quiet dual ceramic