Need help!

ISBand4BT

Buddy of mine has an 04.5. He's having issues to where he's seeing fuel misting up at #6 (valve cover off). He's swapped injectors/cross tubes and is still getting a mist at #6. He says it's clearly fuel and he also got fuel in his oil. Said late last week it started running a little hotter than normal. Any ideas on this???

Thanks.

Stock lines, stock tubes, aftermarket 150hp injectors (will confirm brand) just rebuilt by Wimer about 3 months ago. Turbo will push about 50-60lbs.

Sounds like he needs to run the truck a little more with the valve cover removed. If you can physically see a mist, then follow it to the starting point.

If a mist, it has a cracked injector, most likely where the solenoid is held down.
I was thinking that, even posted (then deleted) the same comment.
The reason I deleted it, is that I re-read his original post and it seems to say that the problem was there, then the injectors/cross tubes were changed around and it's still there.

Is it even possible to get a crack in a head in the fuel return area, or the injector bore, around the 'O' ring area, to cause a leak?

Mark.

I was thinking that, even posted (then deleted) the same comment.
The reason I deleted it, is that I re-read his original post and it seems to say that the problem was there, then the injectors/cross tubes were changed around and it's still there.

Is it even possible to get a crack in a head in the fuel return area, or the injector bore, around the 'O' ring area, to cause a leak?

Mark.

I've never seen a head crack in the fuel return area, but i suppose anything is possible. But... after a lot of thinking, i guess he decided he's going to sell the truck, get whatever he can out of it, and then go buy something better for pulling a horse trailer and camper.

I had a customer a while back with a perfect running truck that was making oil. #6 injector was cracked and it was exactly as you described...

Back