New ppump sputter

Fast12v

Just installed a new ppump on my truck and on first test drive it sputtered really bad at low rpm but clears up after about 2000 rpm. Looked up some stuff and a lot of people said fuel pressure issue related. I checked and I have 40 psi fuel pressure and I have the upgraded over flow valve. Reset the timing too which is at 22°. This pump has been benched and maxed to flow 600cc and has not been on any other truck before mine so it should be good to go. Could this be too much fuel that I have and I just need to turn down the pump a little? Injectors ran perfect before I replaced the pump so I don’t think they are the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If you used a degree wheel, you should be pretty close on the timing. I still think I'd try advancing the timing a couple more degrees just to be sure it's not a timing sputter. I've developed a sputter or slight miss when swapping to a new pump where small debris gets caught in an injector or two and partially blocks the edge filter.

Finally figured it out after trying everything known to man. In the top of the delivery valve holder there is a small assembly of parts that are pressed in so they can’t come out. Well somehow one of mine became loose and started to work it’s way out. One of the little pieces in there was jammed sideways blocking the flow of fuel thru the holder. Searched far and wide and could not find this in any other forum that has happened to Anyone. I was 20 minutes away from pulling my pump and sending it off for a rebuild. Thank god I noticed that dv holder.

Back