Texas Diesel Shootout - September 2nd

Motors hurt better here than Kansas. Ole girl has upteen hundreds of passes. Y'all stick it to em.

Dont know the truck was running lean and mean. Balanced right at 1 to 1. Guess it is just heat and power. Ran a 10:36 with a sub par 60ft on fuel. Lost 5 mile an hour due to the hurt motor on that pass. On the return road it started smoking fairly heavy. Puking oil out of breathers and dip stick tube. Runs rough, misses and billowing smoke from everywhere. Pistons are hurt just a matter of how many. Just glad it did not happen on TT night in Topeka.

On the upside the wife won the trophy! I ran a best of 10.207 at 140mph while grenading a turbo at around 1100' FTML....

On the upside the wife won the trophy! I ran a best of 10.207 at 140mph while grenading a turbo at around 1100' FTML....

Sounds like a perfect excuse for some real twins too me! I remember you talkin about it awhile back. Sorry to hear about the trucks jake and max!

Just thought of another thing.... Had to tap the block for a 13/16th hole for an additional turbo oil drain. Could have been contamination even though I was very careful about it.

Pan removal would have required tranny to be pulled and motor lifted.

Just thought of another thing.... Had to tap the block for a 13/16th hole for an additional turbo oil drain. Could have been contamination even though I was very careful about it.

Pan removal would have required tranny to be pulled and motor lifted.

Ya for sure now lol

BTW that truck makes low 10's look boringly slow.

Last edited:
Slim chance that was it. Block was filled with diesel afterwards and drained, truck ran a few hours and oil and filter was changed again. Contamination would have been caught in the 1st filter.

I think that the top turbo is being pushed way to hard and my boost levels are too high contributing to the heat. It was enough heat to melt the paint on the intermediate and intercooler pipe. Plus the intake side of my piping is still 3" while the other side is 4" and that equates to more heat going in. Need to start looking into water systems too and ways to pay for all this chit.

Well I didn't get to mess with the truck yesterday due to my 13yr old breaking her ankle. I went to start trying to do some clean up today and noticed slag on the top charger intake and that's when the realization set in that I know what took out the top charger. Looks like I will be looking for a new twin setup.

Back