still think 1200 egts while towing is too high

Easiest solution would be go to a smaller turbo, or even back to a stock charger.

A cheap S300G, which I think is a 58mm would work good. And your current charger would be easy enough to sell to recoup the cost. Or possibly you could even trade someone, cause everyone on here wants to go bigger anyway.

Compounds are definitely the shiznit, especially for VP trucks. They are so picky when it comes to air/fuel/tuning and no 2 trucks seems to run the same. I'd be curious to see what each of the lower levels on the comp net on EGT, without using the smarty.

That's why I didn't like the Smarty. 20-30 minutes between changes for each flash.
What? My old super chip didn't even take that long! Smarty is maybe a minute. I still vote compounds be fun weekend project for you and the boy, teach him to weld with it, that'd be cool!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

when gage starts swinging wrenches I wont care! lol..til then its neither unless I get someone to do it..i really haven't the time to do either of those jobs man...I assure you it wont be twins tho..I know that for sure...

the turbo isn't suited well for that towing job. Similar situtation, but high altitude, I would be sitting above 15psi alll the time and egt's floating around 850-900* Pulling I70 out of breckenridge up the 7% grade resulted in 1200-1300*f egt's but the turbo was at the top of it's map all the time.

Same thing goes for stock trucks pulling trailers. A hx35 is going to be singing with that load at 2400 rpm. A he351cw and vgt same thing.

the turbo isn't suited well for that towing job. Similar situtation, but high altitude, I would be sitting above 15psi alll the time and egt's floating around 850-900* Pulling I70 out of breckenridge up the 7% grade resulted in 1200-1300*f egt's but the turbo was at the top of it's map all the time.

Same thing goes for stock trucks pulling trailers. A hx35 is going to be singing with that load at 2400 rpm. A he351cw and vgt same thing.

Yep

Problem is quick and easy to solve.

I cut my teeth on VP trucks when we didn’t have near the technology in turbos, the injectors were hot and smokey, and no ecm tuning available.

All that non important bs aside, compounds all the way. I love singles. I’ve done a lot with them and I push them way beyond their usefulness at times.

But in your application- VP, big tires, and trying to control EGTs, compounds would really serve you well.

Come on Gary, dont be another askhole! Listen to the experts, you know you want to. Besides I won't be down as long as it was a yr or so back with the ecm issues. Just be glad nobody has told you to p-pump it...yet!

Come on Gary, dont be another askhole! Listen to the experts, you know you want to. Besides I won't be down as long as it was a yr or so back with the ecm issues. Just be glad nobody has told you to p-pump it...yet!

dam son..see that should prove to ya I never listen.

Back