3 years of abuse and it finally went...

I agree as well. Chit happens! Ya he knew his motor wasn't going to hold forever, but he has been busting out some good numbers and this time it happened to let go. And yes pulling to the side is what you should do, but hauling ass with fluids all over and no brakes, im sure everyone would much rather have what happened happen over having someone hurt/dead in a crumpled truck. Just my thoughts.

Had to double check, thought I'd logged in to YB with all the drama up in here! Have to say I can see both sides of the fence on this deal. Faylor's post did make a whole lot of sense, to me at least.

Run their mouths? If you can't see both sides, you're an idiot, it's that simple.

What else is simple is just not giving your 2cents when it's not asked for and read the post and move on to the next if you don't like what's being displayed...

Run their mouths? If you can't see both sides, you're an idiot, it's that simple.

The point that the experienced racers were trying to get across needed to be stated in a tactful way. It read like an attack rather than a suggestion, and shouldn't have happened the way it did.

Sent from my Rotten Apple

What else is simple is just not giving your 2cents when it's not asked for and read the post and move on to the next if you don't like what's being displayed...

Not how it works in forum-land Bruh!!
Especially not here and many other sites.

Jim is no stranger to this type of thing from forums.
We all understand and risk getting flamed.
Been there, done that.
It's NOT gonna change. Folks will always give their .02 whether you like it or not.

should I not run my truck at the track ever in fear something will break and crap will cover the track and all the old folks will get mad at me?

Not how it works in forum-land Bruh!!
Especially not here and many other sites.

Jim is no stranger to this type of thing from forums.
We all understand and risk getting flamed.
Been there, done that.
It's NOT gonna change. Folks will always give their .02 whether you like it or not.

You are correct sir! But its worth a try..... :lolly:

He's been around this stuff long enough to know it was on extreme borrowed time. That was a poor decision taking it to the track were a wreck is very probable if it oils down. Dyno or sled pull is one thing, you're not moving at 100+mph.

Plenty of stock vehicles toss their cookies every day. I'm glad it happened at the track in a semi-controlled environment. Many of us pinch pennies on performance builds. He could have thrown a transfer case down the track or had a front end wobble at 100+. $hit happens.

After spraying fuel down the track and getting hate from all the gassers, I learned real quick to pull over. But the fact that he had little control and no brakes, I think he did quiet well. Can't wait to see what the new setup looks like Jim.

Hey at least it was a screaming pass and not some chitbox honda running 15's that oiled it down.

I'm curious. If D&J is doing the engine why carrillo's instead of his nasty rods? I do like his girdle design too. How bout his awesome looking side draft? That has me really drooling.

Last edited:
After spraying fuel down the track and getting hate from all the gassers, I learned real quick to pull over. But the fact that he had little control and no brakes, I think he did quiet well. Can't wait to see what the new setup looks like Jim.

**** what anyone with a gas engine says or thinks. They blow their **** up just as much as the diesel community. I love gas jobs as much as anyone else, but I don't get pissy at them when they oil down the track.

The only legitimate complaint I can think of with trucks is the dickheads that run muds and/or knobby tires.

In this case, pull over when you can. Just don't panic steer into the wall like some people seem to think you should do to "protect the guy in the other lane." Oiling down your lane sucks, but you did pay to get in, and that kinda covers track prep/clean up.

Back