View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Rebirth of Monster Mudder

Things are really starting to come together on getting the Mud Truck back up and running, ready for the start of the season May 1st in Cedarvale, KS. I picked up the engine a few weeks ago from Pure Diesel Power, really happy with it so far, can't wait to get it all running and see how it does.

I'm still waiting on parts to come in and getting itchy for the brown and white trucks to arrive with the goodies.

My starter, adapter and flexplate are on their way from Destroked, hopefully here in a week.

My billet timing cover, freeze plugs, turbo, turbo adapter, external wastegate, fuel pump, trans cooler are on the way from PDP and ED.

Need to pickup my NP205 transfer case from the guy I'm getting it off of.

Still need to finish purchasing wiring things to rewire the truck with just what's needed, 4 switch plus start, 4 relay bank, remote battery holder, etc..

Need to get the remaining gauges (Tach, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Ampmeter)

I went to order my th400 transmission from Art Carr Offroad last friday and I found out they had closed thier doors. I ended up ordering the transmission from the Real Art Carr out in California from California Performance Transmission. I'll have a transbrake and a reverse vb, along with all of the billet goodies needed. 2200 to 2400 rpm 13" stall converter.

Last weekend, I stripped more junk from the truck, all the remaining wiring, pcm, airbags, battery mount, etc.. had to be atleast 40lbs in wiring along under the dash and in the engine compartment alone.

Heres a quick pic of the engine.

Click the image to open in full size.
Untitled by NakeDiesel, on Flickr

Engine has Hamilton 188/220 , Mahle pistons, fully ported and polished head, fire ringed, larger intake and exhaust valves, tube intake, balanced rotating assembly, block girdle, studed engine, billet timing cover, billet tappet cover, 215 hp pump with 181 dv, 435 injectors, ED 66/74 turbo

I'll post more as I start getting it together.

NakeDiesel

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters

Last edited by NakeDiesel; 03-02-2011 at 09:33 PM.