2.6 ? Flat Beds

Mopower pulled at ts 2 years ago with his flat bed puller from Florida.
What about the Ford regular cab with the lengthened bed that pulled at scheid last year?

I brought it, lol I am going to see if they let me hook in that class for fun, I'm not worried about any monies, my truck is a underdog here anyways.

If PPL rule writers had any brains, they would write it something like this:

Commercially available flatbeds are legal. However, custom flatbeds fabricated specifically to create a weight advantage (i.e., significantly lighter than the OEM bed) will be required to run 200# over the center of the rear axle. Final decision lies with the head tech inspector.

This keeps someone from building a carbon fiber flatbed that weighs 20 lbs (inevitable in 2.6).

Most of the commercial flat beds I've seen are heavier then a stock pick up bed.
Me and my 12 year old son picked my bed up at the wheel wells and carried it back and put it on a picnic table just a few weeks ago. (tailgate was not on it)
So i don't understand the problem with flat beds. But then this is sled pulling, some idiot will put a piece of plywood down and call it a flat bed if ya let him.
Just offer to put weight over the rear if they question it and plead your case in a respectful quiet manner. Tech has the last say, so he is not the guy you want to piss off

in exhibition only and at 330 am, only a handful of people left. I am having a bed custom made to match the existing paint scheme for next yr.

They made you hook in exhibition only on account of your flatbed? Don't you just have a normal flatbed like 90% of farm trucks out running around?

It isn't the first time I have seen a truck be made to have an oem bed. Also several years ago there was a ford that ran an aluminum flatbed. Noone said anything because it was a ford. Lol

Nice meeting you Dan. Had a blast hanging out waiting for the never ending line of tractors to go away. We ended up modifying our cover and passing tech on Saturday. Not something I'm proud of, but there might be a seafoam can jb welded in the inducer lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back