View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
Chevycummins

Name: Chevycummins
Title: Bad case of Tinkeritis!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by recklesskelly View Post
if you are rolling smoke from a dead stop then you could turn your smoke screw out a bit (it adjusts 0 boost fueling its on the back of the pump). But really the easiest way to get better mileage is to change your driving habits. This way you can still have all the power you want when you need it and good mileage the rest of the time. I got my tuned so i just have a haze of light grey smoke for a bit till the turbo spools then its gone but im still on stock injectors (for now ) so i cant comment on adjusting you setup for DDPs.
i run with no plate and can accelerate at a pretty fast rate with only a little haze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride42 View Post
You "mash" it to the floor and are surprised that your MPGs aren't that great? Seriously?

So, if you lost mileage by sliding the plate forward, the logical solution would be sliding it back little by little to find the happy medium.
got a good point if you only moved that and fuel mpg went to crap slide back til you reach a point of satisfaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoust View Post
Ditto on ther afc tune! Listen it's like anything else mechanical you have to play with the setting's and see what you like the best,at least that is the way I tune my engines....Both gas and diesel.
you have the three big things as listed below. play with them one or two at a time and get a happy spot. you take the afc and set it to fuel at a certian pressure like some have done with shop air and a regulator then you can play with the smoke screw and fuel plate. i would also check and see if the arm is even hitting the fuel plate if not you adjust that so that it will follow the contour of the plate to fuel like you want it too.

1. smoke screw (back of afc housing)
2. star wheel
3. fuel plate