View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #12
Brawnham

Name: Brawnham
Title: Second Gen Guru
Member`s Gallery
Alright, so continuing on!

After tying together the wiring I slapped on the new fender, it wasn't the nicest one but it did the job

Click the image to open in full size.

Wasn't entirely happy with it so I grit my teeth and shelled out good money for a really nice set of fenders

Everything was either black or silver, and the 2 tone look really fit the truck, so I vinyl wrapped everything (save the box, need to pull out a few dents)

Well since these new fenders weren't dented to **** like my old ones, my tires began to rub.... and this began the majority of this build

Picked up a pretty *****en lift for a deal, got it powder coated, and pulled the axle because, well, why would I put all this nice stuff in and keep the grimy old axle?

Yanked that old bastard out, started hacking off the coil bucket

I got to the point where I hacked everything off the axle and thought to myself, "why am I putting all this work in if I'm gonna put this garbage axle back in?" .... Bad brain.... bad

So after a few nights of deliberation I decided the axle to have is the ford kingpin dana 60. A 1979 one would've been much better, but this 1986 or so one will do.

I'll stop here for today!