View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 08:58 PM   #20
coorsman2005

Name: coorsman2005
Title: i like beer
Member`s Gallery
What did you guys do to fix the exhaust deal just weld pipe over it ?? Or what anything after market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL View Post
Ram issued a service bulletin in August of 2016 telling all dealers to use Rotella T6 5-40 in the ecodiesel trucks effective imeadeately. This is what I run in mine.

I have 123k on mine now, have changed the trans fluid twice and never changed the filter, but I did crack the drain plug this last time so I will need at least a plug. The filter in the pan is lifetime according to Ram, unless there is a failure.

Trans fluid I use Valvoline ATF from Wal-Mart, it is about $18 a gallon, vs the $15 a quart from the dealer. The Valvoline meets Ram specs, no need to buy the expensive crap at the dealer.

Look at the end of this thread Dodge 1500 EcoDiesel - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together for more knowledge on issues I and other have had with their trucks. When you do the delete, make sure to take the freaking flex pipe off and cap it at the turbo housing. If you don't it will break and cause a leak.

I also outlined a few helpful hints in that thread, read up and learn.

Enjoy the Ecodiesel, they are a great vehicle, so far for me anyway.