Any tips or tricks for cleaning a .020” block before assembly ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I’ve built a couple bbc marine motors and a turbo Subaru. The crank checked out and was polished, rods cleaned up, cam checked out. Pretty much a stock build 215 motor. The pump is getting sent to DPE soon for a max, balance and shined up.

It’s going into an old power wagon. The guy wants it to run with low smoke , and not leak. Figured I give it a shot just to build one before I do my 12v. I also picked up some billet oil squirters from contagious diesel since some of the factory ones were busted.

I haven’t picked up a new oil pump yet or head bolts. The truck already has 4ks thinking about 5x12 injectors. 24v oil pump is a good upgrade right ?

They did. I usually spray out the oil passages with brakleen and compressed air after I get a block back

Lacquer thinner to clean the bores, journals and deck. 15w-40 in the bores to lube them for the pistons. Some kind of lint free towels to do all this with. And good assembly lube.

I always wash with soap and water, then blowdry it. then brakekleen on a towel in the cylinders til it comes out clean.

Back